Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pesach just reminds me
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:48 pm
I don't know why but everyone is convinced that all I need to do to lose weight is to go low carb, cut out sugar and try something like keto.
I'm chabad and very strict on pesach, I don't have any sugar at all, we eat completely clean, just produce and protein, not even oil! Every single pesach I get sick. I feel nauseous and disgusting by the time it's second days I can't look at protein anymore without gagging.
It reminds me that I'm not making excuses and I'm not making things up, some bodies, even obese insulin resistant bodies cannot handle such a diet.
Now if anyone has a magic diet for how I can lose 70 lbs without cutting carbs and maintain it, I'm all ears!

amother
Quince

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:52 pm
How did you go low carb sugar with eating matzah and drinking for the sedarim?
It could be just the constant eating even tho it was clean eating, it was a LOT of meals

machsheifa

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:55 pm
For many years I was looking for a magic solution. The moment I realized there was no magic solution was the beginning of a long journey of successful weight loss and several years of successful maintaining. I wish there was a magic pill, I don’t wish the work I did and am continuing to do, on anyone else. Even Ozempic doesn’t work in the long run.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:56 pm
machsheifa wrote:
For many years I was looking for a magic solution. The moment I realized there was no magic solution was the beginning of a long journey of successful weight loss and several years of successful maintaining. I wish there was a magic pill, I don’t wish the work I did and am continuing to do, on anyone else. Even Ozempic doesn’t work in the long run.
I am horrified that you chose this screen name.......

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:06 pm
Matza gonna do that...

Also, not being able to tolerate protein can be a sign of low stomach acid/low digestive enzymes. Try taking betaine hcl and a digestive enzyme with all meals and see how you do. A humic fulvic is supposed to be really helpful for this issue as well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:14 pm
amother Quince wrote:
How did you go low carb sugar with eating matzah and drinking for the sedarim?
It could be just the constant eating even tho it was clean eating, it was a LOT of meals

The seder I had the amounts needed of matza and wine. Otherwise I was eating fruit vegetables and protein. Not constant eating at all, 2 meals plus some fruit as breakfast.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:15 pm
machsheifa wrote:

Tell me more about your non magic solution Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:16 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Matza gonna do that...

Also, not being able to tolerate protein can be a sign of low stomach acid/low digestive enzymes. Try taking betaine hcl and a digestive enzyme with all meals and see how you do. A humic fulvic is supposed to be really helpful for this issue as well.

Never heard this before! Can you say it in simpler English? How can I know if I have this? What do I take for it? Is it a bad thing to have?

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Never heard this before! Can you say it in simpler English? How can I know if I have this? What do I take for it? Is it a bad thing to have?
In order to properly digest food your stomach (liver, gallbladder and pancreas really) make digestive "juices", specifically, enzymes, bile and stomach acid. These help break down the fats, proteins and carbs so they can be absorbed by your bloodstream. Very often if the body doesn't make enough of these, a person can feel like they don't tolerate protein. It can make proteins seem nauseating to look at or unappetizing, or make you feel nauseous after consuming protein, or like the food is just sitting there and not passing through. You can take supplements that basically give you the stuff you're not making enough of. For stomach acid, you take something called betaine hcl to replace it. For digestive enzymes, you can take replacement enzymes to do the jobs. I like these

https://www.iherb.com/pr/enzym.....81506

https://www.iherb.com/pr/enzym.....74620

machsheifa

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Tell me more about your non magic solution Smile

Non magic solutions take way too long to explain via post, but if you want my short answer, take Yossi Mullers online course - it’s free, listen to his entire podcast- it’s free too, then you’ll know what it takes to truly change. Then, you’re not turned off by what it takes to truly change the way you eat then……. do NOT join Yossi Muller’s program but rather choose someone who has a softer approach, someone like Jennifer Brown from Morristown. I could be wrong but imo you would do better with someone who has a softer approach.

Last edited by machsheifa on Wed, May 01 2024, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:35 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
In order to properly digest food your stomach (liver, gallbladder and pancreas really) make digestive "juices", specifically, enzymes, bile and stomach acid. These help break down the fats, proteins and carbs so they can be absorbed by your bloodstream. Very often if the body doesn't make enough of these, a person can feel like they don't tolerate protein. It can make proteins seem nauseating to look at or unappetizing, or make you feel nauseous after consuming protein, or like the food is just sitting there and not passing through. You can take supplements that basically give you the stuff you're not making enough of. For stomach acid, you take something called betaine hcl to replace it. For digestive enzymes, you can take replacement enzymes to do the jobs. I like these

https://www.iherb.com/pr/enzym.....81506

https://www.iherb.com/pr/enzym.....74620

In the reviews everyone is talking about indigestion bloating and heartburn. I don't have any of these. I just get very nauseous. The only way to cut the nausea for me is with a carb. Ex I can't eat scrambled eggs, but eggs on toast is ok. Plain meat and vegetables makes me nauseous but if I eat it with rice or have a cracker or even a banana afterwards I'm ok. My stomach actually loves matza, it feels so calm after carbs.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 2:50 am
Try a plant based diet. Perfect for someone like you becuase it incorporates lots of healthy carbs.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:40 pm
I lost 35 lbs by going very low carb.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't know why but everyone is convinced that all I need to do to lose weight is to go low carb, cut out sugar and try something like keto.
I'm chabad and very strict on pesach, I don't have any sugar at all, we eat completely clean, just produce and protein, not even oil! Every single pesach I get sick. I feel nauseous and disgusting by the time it's second days I can't look at protein anymore without gagging.
It reminds me that I'm not making excuses and I'm not making things up, some bodies, even obese insulin resistant bodies cannot handle such a diet.
Now if anyone has a magic diet for how I can lose 70 lbs without cutting carbs and maintain it, I'm all ears!

That is actually the keto flu this is supposed to happen ur body is switching over from sugar fuel to fat based. It’s not just cutting out sugar u need to up ur fat a lot. Read the book keto clarity. I have a fb group Whatapp group about it’s called kosher keto ladies.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
The seder I had the amounts needed of matza and wine. Otherwise I was eating fruit vegetables and protein. Not constant eating at all, 2 meals plus some fruit as breakfast.

If u eat wine or matzo u can’t really go into Ketosi’s just saying

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:45 pm
I wasn't trying to do keto over pesach.
I'm saying that I have in the past and everyone is convinced this is the way to go for me and it really isn't. Its not keto flu it's a sensitive stomach to animal protein and animal fat. The higher the fat the more nauseous I get, not for a week or two for as long as I eat this way. At some point I was hardly eating at all on keto because Everytime I ate I would feel nauseous it didn't feel worth it to eat at all. My stomach needs carbs to cut the nausea. I don't need to eat doughnuts and pizza but I do need a rice cake or banana for example.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:46 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Try a plant based diet. Perfect for someone like you becuase it incorporates lots of healthy carbs.
healthy carbs still spike insulin no?
What do you eat on a plant based diet? Nuts?

NechaMom

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:10 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I am horrified that you chose this screen name.......

Me too. Can't Believe It

Einikel

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:11 am
NechaMom wrote:
Me too. Can't Believe It

It's giving me nightmares too Hiding

lovelife7613

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:22 am
Focus on eating high dense foods with lots of protein and less calories. Eat in a 8 hour window. Go on walks every day and drink tons of water
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise