Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is everyone wearing black tights today?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:17 pm
I wear black tights or super opaque thigh highs every day, all year round. don't own nude and don't plan to buy any.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:19 pm
Shabbos is 60’s so back to black tights
And Friday Sunday 50’s

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:19 pm
Shabbos is 60’s so back to black tights
And Friday Sunday 50’s

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:21 pm
There are some people that don't always get the memo but since pesach for most people still in black its becuase its either more comfortable or they didnt have time to shop for summer clothes yet or have no patience to switch back and forth. once the weather stays stable hot then you officially switch.

I was in gourmet glatt today and also went to work at my large office. its was divided evenly have of the ladies in nude half in black these few days until the weather officially warms up, everyone just does what they want.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:04 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
There are some people that don't always get the memo but since pesach for most people still in black its becuase its either more comfortable or they didnt have time to shop for summer clothes yet or have no patience to switch back and forth. once the weather stays stable hot then you officially switch.

I was in gourmet glatt today and also went to work at my large office. its was divided evenly have of the ladies in nude half in black these few days until the weather officially warms up, everyone just does what they want.

Gourmet glatt is a great place to check it out! Very Happy

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:21 pm
I wear black hosiery year round because then I don't have to bother shaving unless I want to. Yes, even in August. So sue me.

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:44 pm
SuperWify wrote:
In Lakewood do the unofficial official rule is lag baomer Shavous. I personally think it ridiculous to wear black when it’s 80’! Go by the weather please!!

I think a better idea is not to concern yourself with what color people are wearing (and certainly don’t tell them what to do) and just focus on yourself instead.

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:46 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
It’s a Lakewood thing , idk why it is but until almost June, majority stay in black tights. Personally I think it’s silly and I am in nude today because it’s hot but every year I laugh how even when it’s hot lots of Lakewood ladies don’t make the switch.

They should all be put in cheirem.

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:47 pm
amother Milk wrote:
I haven't been wearing winter since beg of pesach.

I honestly don't look at anyone else's tights and if I do notice someone wearing black and it's hot I just laugh and think thats pathetic.

Being so judgmental is what’s pathetic. Not a laughing matter at all.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:51 pm
I dont make the switch till shavous regardless of the weather

yuyu

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:59 pm
Because I didn't get a chance to shave yet if you really want to know. TMI

care4u

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:03 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Being so judgmental is what’s pathetic. Not a laughing matter at all.

How was that judgemental?
She stated she doesn't usually notice or look...
I notice you are often the one judging a bit...

zaq

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:24 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Goodness. We don't have enough rules or peer pressure. So now we add official times for when to switch colors.

Just do whatever your heart likes. Wear black if you like it. Wear nude if you like it. Choose whatever works with your shoes or clothing or your wishes.
hear, hear!
Why does no one wear navy? Doesn't matter where I shop, even places that used to carry navy no longer do. Did someone pass a law against navy blue hosiery? Did China corner the planet-wide supply of navy dye and try to ransom it for the entire annual GNP of the US?

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:44 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
I wear black tights or super opaque thigh highs every day, all year round. don't own nude and don't plan to buy any.

So curious why??

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:49 pm
zaq wrote:
hear, hear!
Why does no one wear navy? Doesn't matter where I shop, even places that used to carry navy no longer do. Did someone pass a law against navy blue hosiery? Did China corner the planet-wide supply of navy dye and try to ransom it for the entire annual GNP of the US?

Oh… I clearly remember when wearing navy shoes with navy tights was very in style! (This was probably over 20 years ago!) All the hosiery stores sold navy tights and all the frum women’s shoe stores had a large selection of navy shoes. I wonder why it’s completely outdated now?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:58 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I think a better idea is not to concern yourself with what color people are wearing (and certainly don’t tell them what to do) and just focus on yourself instead.

Oh relax. She was making an observation. It is odd to see people dressing wintery when it’s summer weather outside, and I’ve lived in other communities and it’s more prevalent in Lakewood to stay in black tights/winter clothes for longer then in other places. No one is putting them in cheirem we’re just wondering why ppl don’t dress weather appropriate.

Debbie

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:03 am
I'm British Israeli and I honestly don't get this switching from black to nude tights in the summer.
Surely black/nearly black and nude tight of 15,20 or even 40 denier(ie Elldue) are all suitable for the summer.
Personally I just wear what goes best with my outfit.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:07 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
I'm in Lakewood and wearing nude.

You walked around naked?! Nude means naked. I think you mean you wore stockings

amother
Birch

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:08 am
amother Mayflower wrote:

Is English not your first language? Nude means skin color.

GLUE

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:21 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
I'm in Lakewood and wearing nude.

amother Mayflower wrote:

amother Birch wrote:
Is English not your first language? Nude means skin color.

I agree with amother Mayflower nude means with no clothes
It can also mean a skin color
Yes English is my first language
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries