Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pesach just reminds me
Previous  1  2

amother
Milk

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:29 am
I lost 30 lbs in 6 months by restricting calories across the board, while keeping my usual ratio of carbs to proteins to fats . I keep a food and calorie diary and it has helped me to adjust portion sizes and lose weight that way.
At the end of the day, you need a calorie deficit to lose weight,however you achieve that, take in less than your body burns, so that it starts burning body fat.

Losing weight and eating healthy are not necessarily the same thing. Many people mix the two up in error. If you have a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight, even if your food is unhealthy. If you eat too much, even healthy/clean food will make your weight go up.
Extreme example: If the only thing you eat in a day is one chocolate bar, you'll lose weight (and be very hungry, too).
If you cram in 4000 calories of completely healthy, clean food, you'll gain weight, lots of.

fullyinbalance

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:55 pm
I am hosting a free class coming Sunday on how to jumpstart your eating habits after Pesach without extreme diets or resolutions by eating right food at the right time and at the right order

wanna hear more join here [link removed, please stop posting unpaid ads]

BmoreBubby

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:23 pm
Honestly, you might seriously consider consulting with a RD (registered dietitian) even for one session to get profession input - they are highly-trained and licensed to help do exactly what you're asking this forum for - give you specific advice on what to eat to achieve your goals. If you want specific recs of frum RDs send me a private message or look at the list in the appendix of Body & Soul (which is where I would send it to you from anyhow).

Growing

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:29 pm
machsheifa wrote:
For many years I was looking for a magic solution. The moment I realized there was no magic solution was the beginning of a long journey of successful weight loss and several years of successful maintaining. I wish there was a magic pill, I don’t wish the work I did and am continuing to do, on anyone else. Even Ozempic doesn’t work in the long run.

your user/profile name makes me shudder
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise