Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
S/o Everyone needs to move to Israel
Previous  1  2  3

chestnut

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 4:09 pm
joonabug wrote:
im reading the other thread now and im seeing so many people say things like "find me a job", "find me a community", "find my kids schools" etc. I understand its really not so pashut to just pick up with big kids and move to another country, really I get that. but I just think everyone should really reflect for a little and think about how much do they really care to live in EY. obviously now most people cant just pick up and move, but what happened when you were a newlywed? I get that its hard to leave your whole family, and that its a hard transition, and that its hard to find a job, no one said any of this was easy, but its doable, and if it was important you would do it, or at the very least try to make it happen. also, how many people here are encouraging their newlywed children to move to EY? I cant answer these questions for anyone else but I just hate all the excuses. Believe it or not, there are houses, cars, jobs, schools, healthcare and everything else a person needs to live, in EY. ofc its hard, and it might be too late for many of us but its not too late for some of us and not too late for our children.
btw I am living in EY and I moved when I got married and trust me it wasn't easy and I have no family here and I miss them so much but I really feel what I am doing is the most emes and iyH Hashem should help and BezH I will have made this difficult step that will benefit all of my future descendants.

You didn't have to specify the bolded; it was obvious from your post.
Why the need to repeat that thread all over?
Oh, and when you moved to Israeli as a newlywed, were you, by any chance, supported by your parents or in-laws?
How long have you been living there?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 4:38 pm
As someone who truly believes (like op says) that if you want it badly enough you pick up and move, I also understand why people don't just pick up and move.

My husband and I have been talking about making aliyah for the entire duration of our marriage (more than 20 years) but there are many many valid reasons why we didn't. (Not me personally, I would have dropped everything and moved, but my husband had valid reasons and I couldn't argue with them). And because we have spent so many years doing "research" on aliyah I can say with confidence that there is ALMOST nobody (with a large family with multiple ages, including teens) who just picks up and moves. Practically everybody who makes aliya either has family in Israel, is newlywed, or has A LOT of money to fall back on. Pretty much nobody who lives pay-check to pay-check, has a large family, and no family in Israel picks up and moves. I'm sorry that that is the case - I wish we could find a like minded family to move with us, but the truth is it just doesn't exist. I challenge OP to find someone who has had a successful aliya that had a large family with many teenagers, no money, and no family in Israel to support them through the process.

So while I agree that everyone should pick up and go, I also understand all the "excuses". They're still excuses but I understand them. (And I also worry about the future of Jews in America and whether we can "get out in time", but as one poster wisely pointed out, "it's not an accident that Hashem put me here").
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions