Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Yoreh Deah
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 4:18 pm
I’m looking for an inside scoop on Camp Yoreh Deah. I have a rising 8th grader who’s itching to go. Has anyone here sent their son(s) there or know anyone who has?
Is it mostly out of town / in town?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 2:36 pm
Anyone? Friend of a friend of the shvigger’s great nephew?

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 2:39 pm
They have a website. Why don't you go on it and look at the pictures of the boys?

yolo81

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 3:23 pm
I know some one who sent and loved it

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 3:24 pm
Are they for sure opening this summer? The dates on their website are from 2023 And I heard that Camp Menucha that shared their grounds last summer is now opening there for the entire summer in 2024. I've heard great things about it so I hope I'm wrong, but definitely confirm that it's opening in 2024 before you spend more time looking into it.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 4:24 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Are they for sure opening this summer? The dates on their website are from 2023 And I heard that Camp Menucha that shared their grounds last summer is now opening there for the entire summer in 2024. I've heard great things about it so I hope I'm wrong, but definitely confirm that it's opening in 2024 before you spend more time looking into it.

They're opening. The way it works out this summer, there's enough time for 6 weeks of Camp Menucha before bein hazmanim.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 4:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone? Friend of a friend of the shvigger’s great nephew?

My nephew went there and I know he loved it but don't really know any details

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 4:46 pm
Thanks all! That’s valuable info. I’m emailing the camp for dates before anything else.
And I’m happy to hear your nephew had a great time. I know you said you don’t have a lot of info, but do you know by chance if they did a lot of sports there?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 4:47 pm
amother Cherry wrote:

Menucha is doing 2 short sessions before the boys camp has the campus second half.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 5:21 pm
I know the wife of one of the directors (Rabbi Loike). He's well known as an expert in the Kashrus of birds, and keeps many different breeds as pets. They are a real power couple.

Don't know anything else though.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 5:42 pm
I think Yoreh Deiah is for 9th+
Coming out of 8th grade is a different program, not sure of its status: Camp L'maysa

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 6:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all! That’s valuable info. I’m emailing the camp for dates before anything else.
And I’m happy to hear your nephew had a great time. I know you said you don’t have a lot of info, but do you know by chance if they did a lot of sports there?

My son went and loved it and we know other boys who loved it , but they do not play a lot of sports there. Happy to answer more questions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:47 am
amother Thistle wrote:
My son went and loved it and we know other boys who loved it , but they do not play a lot of sports there. Happy to answer more questions.

Thank you! Ill try to pm you bn

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 7:26 am
My son is went to school with the owners son's and once spent a shabbos on the camp grounds. He's wanted to go for camp there ever since, but it hasn't worked out logistically. Very nice people and it seems to be a very good program. Sorry, not so helpful

amother
Firethorn

Post Sat, May 04 2024, 11:12 pm
Hi,
I too am interested in sending my son. Trying to get a feel for the type of crowd that attends this camp. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Chasidishlitvak

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 12:29 am
DH spoke to a few boys who went that loved it.
Crowed is from all over the US - Lakewood type

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:55 am
Not sure how much help this is, but my youngest brother went there a few years ago. He really enjoyed it. He's a great kid but not much of a sports player. They did lots of hands-on activities, bringing the learning to life, he had such a great time. Seems like the crowd (at least when he went, no clue if things have changed or not since then) was a mix from different places, pretty yeshivish.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:02 pm
Thanks! Would you happen to know which yeshivos the boys are from? just trying to get a feel....

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:02 pm
Thanks! Would you happen to know which yeshivos the boys are from? just trying to get a feel....

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 4:08 am
I think my brother was in Staten Island Yeshiva when he went. He felt comfortable with the crowd there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps