Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Clothing Budget
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:33 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I know, which is why I said its funny how much I spend lol

I actually am very low maintenance, most people would have no clue what the inside of my closet looks like. Most days I wear a sweatshirt, a lot of my everyday clothes are from Target. I have a few clothing pieces I spend on but are logoless and no one would know what they cost, otherwise most of my spending goes toward my bags and shoes, which I dont wear often. I definitely have expensive taste in fashion and a "fixation" for certain items, I buy them because they make me happy and some are good investments, but in my daily life most people would consider me low maintenance to a fault

To the other posters who want to criticize, that's fine. You do you. Truthfully there's only 2 people who know what I spend (DH and the manager at the store I use most often lol), otherwise I am very low key and do not advertise it. I only posted it here because I was answering honestly and am anonymous

I do think its all relative anyways. I know someone who spends that same amount monthly, and I know people who would look at spending 4k per year as completely obscene

No judgment but without the context do you understand why people can't figure out how 40k a year is low maitnence?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:07 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I know, which is why I said its funny how much I spend lol

I actually am very low maintenance, most people would have no clue what the inside of my closet looks like. Most days I wear a sweatshirt, a lot of my everyday clothes are from Target. I have a few clothing pieces I spend on but are logoless and no one would know what they cost, otherwise most of my spending goes toward my bags and shoes, which I dont wear often. I definitely have expensive taste in fashion and a "fixation" for certain items, I buy them because they make me happy and some are good investments, but in my daily life most people would consider me low maintenance to a fault

To the other posters who want to criticize, that's fine. You do you. Truthfully there's only 2 people who know what I spend (DH and the manager at the store I use most often lol), otherwise I am very low key and do not advertise it. I only posted it here because I was answering honestly and am anonymous

I do think its all relative anyways. I know someone who spends that same amount monthly, and I know people who would look at spending 4k per year as completely obscene

If you’re not spending on your wig upkeep or daily clothing what are you spending 40k per year on?

Do you buy new Hermes bags every year?

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:25 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I haven’t the slightest clue. (Am I the only one?)

Me neither
I buy when I need not particularly at YT time.
For example I’ve lately gained too much weight so I need some Shabbat and everyday clothing
Hopefully I could get this weight off soon

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:38 pm
Interesting because I consider myself to be not low maintenance, I wear makeup everyday and I like to look nice. But I don’t spend any on hair removal, skin treatments, nails, or anything else besides getting my sheitel done once a month for $30. Makeup I use drugstore so probably around $70 a year

On clothing I probably spend around 1k a year including shoes. Maybe another $50 on tights. I buy a $50 handbag every other year around.

Looking at it it seems like low maintenance but I definitely do not feel that way (and don’t think my husband would say that I am LOL )

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:48 pm
I have no problem if you spend 40 million a year. But 40k is not low maintenance. I spent way less than that and I’m pretty high maintenance.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics