Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Apples recipies sweet or savary

widowed

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 2:58 pm
Im looking for simple apple recipies sweet or savory. I have 40 leftover apples from pesach. I made apple compote,baked apples,apple cake,apple kugle. Im looking for more recipies to make before my apples go bad. Thanks in advance for your help.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:04 pm
These are amazing and always a huge hit when I make them. I’ve always made them for shabbos so I skip the cheese and use margarine instead of butter (and dried herbs instead of fresh)

https://www.williams-sonoma.co......html

ddmom

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:14 pm
Apple pie
Apple turnovers (use frozen puff pastry dough)
Apple crumble

widowed

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:16 pm
Thsnks

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:33 pm
I make apple chicken . I use either pie filling or home made apple sauce - it’s a crowd favorite. And I know it’s odd- but don’t knock it till you try it

tweety1

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:13 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
I make apple chicken . I use either pie filling or home made apple sauce - it’s a crowd favorite. And I know it’s odd- but don’t knock it till you try it

Sounds Interesting. How do you make it?

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:26 pm
Apple Kugel
4 c. flour
1 ¼ c. sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla sugar
1 T. baking powder
2 eggs
1 c. oil
Mix to form crumbs
10/11 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
2 t5sp. Cinnamon
1/3 c. sugar
1 T. lemon juice
mix together.
In a greased 9 by 13 pan, put ½ crumb mixture on bottom, then cover with apple mixture. Put rest of crumbs on top. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.

Cranberry Apple "kugel" (really it's a crumble).you can make it with cherry pie fillinh, blueberry pie filling, etc. But the original recipe calls for a can of jellied cranberry sauce.
If you're using small, plain red apples, id put in more like 6 apples.

2 c oats
1 c flour
1 c brown sugar
3/4 c oil
1-2 tsp cinnamon
Mix together

In a separate bowl
3 green apples, peeled and sliced
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
Mix

In a greased round pan, put half the crumb mixture on bottom, cover with Apple mixtjee, put rest of crumbs on top.
Bake at 350 for 45-60 min.

mamaleh

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:37 pm
Apple chips

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:49 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Sounds Interesting. How do you make it?

Clean chicken on the bone. Plop in pan
Dump apple sauce on . Cover tightly to bake

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:51 pm
chocolate mousse's maple apple chicken is very good.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....31163

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
Clean chicken on the bone. Plop in pan
Dump apple sauce on . Cover tightly to bake

Nice. For a twist, I add some barbecue sauce to it.

amf

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:18 pm
Apple chips! So easy if you have a mandolin, and so yummy

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:23 pm
amf wrote:
Apple chips! So easy if you have a mandolin, and so yummy

How do you make it?

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:24 pm
OP you could make apple compote and freeze for shevuos.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:36 pm
Apple and Honey Mustard Salmon”

Excerpt From: Chanie Apfelbaum. - Totally Kosher

Serves 8

When I was twelve years old, my family was gathered around the table for the pre–Yom Kippur feast, when there was a car accident on the main parkway outside our home. My older brother, Ari, who had recently earned his EMT certification, dashed outside the door to help. Every year, on the eve of Yom Kippur, we remember Ari and his bravery by eating the honey mustard salmon my mom was serving that day. This recipe was inspired by that dish and my brother Ari’s loving memory. I like to serve it on Rosh Hashanah as a sort of prayer that the good should overpower the bad and that we should all merit to see the “honey” in our lives and not know of any bitter “mustard.”

⅓ cup apricot jam
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2-pound side of salmon, pin bones removed
1 red apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
1 green apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the apricot jam, whole-grain mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper.
Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the mixture generously over the salmon flesh. Decorate the salmon by laying the apple slices on the flesh of the fish, alternating between red and green and overlapping slightly, until the salmon is fully covered. Drizzle the decorated salmon with the olive oil, lemon juice, and more honey.

Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, basting once with the pan juices halfway through cooking. The fish should be opaque and flake easily with a fork.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:36 pm
Cabbage and Apple Roast Chicken”

Excerpt From: Chanie Apfelbaum. “Totally Kosher.

Serves 6

Cabbage and apples go together like peanut butter and jelly, and when paired with a chicken that’s smothered in sweet and spicy mustard, you end up with a one-pan dinner that you’ll definitely make on repeat!

6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
½ head green or red cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
2 apples, cored, cut in quarters
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
¼ cup maple syrup
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Arrange the chicken, cabbage, and apples on the baking sheet. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon, whole-grain mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and thyme. Brush the mixture over the chicken and under its skin and over the cabbage and apples. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken, cabbage, and apples. Bake for 45 minutes, until the chicken skin is crispy and the cabbage and apples are caramelized.

Variation

You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Reduce the baking time to 25 to 30 minutes, and roast until the chicken is crispy around the edges and no longer pink.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:39 pm
Apple Cake

Excerpt From: David Venable - Half Homemade, Fully Delicious.

The simple name of this cake doesn’t do it justice. Rich, dense, and moist, it’s made with oil rather than butter and packed with lots of apple flavor. Trust me, you’ll be making this delightful dessert frequently. Serve with cups of Masala Chai Lattes on a brisk afternoon by the fire.

A couple of tips: Make this in a 10-inch standard Bundt pan; a fancy pan with lots of nooks won’t release the cake properly. And prepare the apples after the batter is made, not before.

This cake keeps well and, like many baked goods, it’s so much better the next day.

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

1 cup vegetable oil, plus more for the pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon table salt
1⅓ cups plus ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1½ tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 cups peeled, cored, and cut ½-inch cubes Granny Smith apples (Use no more than 26 ounces before they are prepped and 17 to 19 ounces once cubed.)

Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside. Put the oil, 1⅓ cups sugar, the eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high speed until thick and light yellow in color, about 4 minutes. On low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.

Toss the apples in a bowl with ⅓ cup sugar and 1½ tablespoons cinnamon.

Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan, then spoon half of the apple mixture over it. Pour the remaining cake batter and top with the other half of the apple mixture. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with the remaining 1½ teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle on top.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in several places comes out clean, 70 to 80 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes. Invert cake onto a pan and immediately flip back onto a serving plate and let cool completely”

Amarante

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:41 pm
Tzimmes Chicken

Excerpt From: Denise Phillips.- The Gourmet Jewish Cookbook

At Rosh Hashanah there are frequently extra guests for dinner and I am always looking for a tasty family meal that everyone will enjoy. This recipe is my personal take on classic Tzimmes, a traditional Russian recipe of honeyed carrots baked in the oven. Combining it with chicken makes it a complete and easy to cook main course.
Tzimmes recipes vary considerably but all of them are sweet and contain the essential ingredient of carrots. On Rosh Hashanah carrots are even more popular than normal and appear in many recipes because when they are sliced they look like golden coins and so symbolise our hope that we have a prosperous new year and that our pockets should never be empty in the year to come.

Info

• Preparation Time: 15 minutes
• Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
• Serves: 6–8

Ingredients
• 1 large chicken (2.3 kg/5 lb)
• 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
• 3 cooking apples, sliced but unpeeled
• 450g/1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced into discs
• 250g/9 oz/1 cup pitted prunes, cut in half
• 300ml/½ pint/1¼ cups chicken stock
• 150ml/5 fl oz red wine
• zest and juice of 1 orange
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp light brown sugar
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 cm/1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• salt and freshly ground black pepper

• Garnish: 2 oranges, sliced

Method

• Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas mark 4.

• Place the chicken in a large ovenproof dish.

• Mix together the potatoes, apples, carrots and prunes and place round the chicken.

• Combine the stock, wine, orange zest and juice, honey, sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Pour over the chicken.

• Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

• Cover with aluminium foil and roast for 1 hour 45 minutes.

• Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Carve the chicken as desired.

To serve the stylish way: Dust each plate with a sprinkling of ground cinnamon and garnish with sliced oranges.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:45 pm
SLOW-COOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS

Excerpt From: Martha Hall Foose. “A Southerly Course

When tart apple and sweet carrot cook down slowly with smoked paprika they make a savory jam for these fall-off-the-bone tender ribs.

SERVES 4

2 large tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
4 carrots, chopped
1 large onion, cut into wedges
3½ pounds bone-in beef short ribs or oxtails
1 cup applesauce
¼ cup cider vinegar
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce - use vegan
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup apple cider

Put the apples and carrots in a large slow cooker; top with the onion wedges and then the beef.

Combine the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, mustard, and salt. Pour the mixture over the beef. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours.

Transfer the meat, apples, and vegetables to a serving platter. Pour the juices into a saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.

Combine the cornstarch with the apple cider, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Pour into the simmering juices, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce becomes thick and clear. Pour the sauce over the meat and serve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics