Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
For bread-eaters, do you Wash and Bentch on weekdays?
Previous  1  2

grin

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 6:35 am
mamacita wrote:
oy, I also sometimes forget to wash, but more often I forget to eat

Yes, this I can and do understand, only too well - been there, done that. or getting up in the middle of a meal "just for a sec" and it's hours before you get back to your plate of food - which looks very unappetizing by that time. Which is why I learned to bentch before taking care of other things.
Try to make the extra hishtadlus to do it right - it'll pay off many dividends in the future in your children learning from you, BS"D.
BTW, if you really don't remember if you bentched or not, the halacha for a woman is not to bentch misafek.

Last edited by grin on Sun, Sep 07 2008, 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 4:32 am
I can be mistaken but I learned that the minhag haGra is to not say the "harachamans" only on shabbat. During the week, it is to say the whole thing. And the bracha of "u'vnei" is slightly different in his regular bentching.
For those that leave out half of bentching during the week, you honestly don't have the extra 3 minutes, at most, to finish.

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:33 am
amother wrote:

For those that leave out half of bentching during the week, you honestly don't have the extra 3 minutes, at most, to finish.

halachically, the bentching ends by al yichasreinu(that's the last bracha- think about when you say "amen" by a zimun). I could think of way worse things people can do. It is minhag hagra not to say it on shabbos. I know chaim berliners don't say it during the week.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 10:27 am
I like the words of bentching, I think they are beautiful. I wish I can have more kavanah when I bentch but I try to take the time to at least say all of it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions