Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Something is wrong with me…

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:42 pm
I went from 145 lbs to 162 in the past 2-3 months. My stomach is so bloated that people keep eyeing it at work. My normal is 130-140, been trying to lose the baby weight for about a year. But that was only 5-10 lbs. now I’m gaining instead. Never been this fat in my life.

I’m 36 with a bunch of kids. Baby is 18m now. I nursed him until 2m ago, but have gained weight before I stopped already.

I also frequently feel the need to urinate, but it’s likely not a UTI - I know what that feels
Like and I have none of the other symptoms.

What can this be? And I know you’ll all say go to the Dr - but which one first? OB (maybe it’s PCOS or nursing related??) or the regular GP? Or an endocrinologist?

Can anyone help?

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:33 am
I would start at gp
Possibly thyroid

amother
Canary

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:35 am
Im also 36 and gained weight out of no where. Its really frustrating, I never had to be so careful bh and now I have gained 20 pounds that wont come off. I went off birth control, exercise, not eating cake… I think its the age that slows down metabolism.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:36 am
Get bloodwork from GP so you know where to go. No use going to the endocrinologist if you don’t have any bloodwork.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:24 am
Are you suddenly drinking a lot?

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:34 am
Did you take a pregnancy test? My friend had this was on bc had no idea until her 7 year old said "mommy there's a baby in your tummy". So she checked and was in her 6th month!

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:42 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Are you suddenly drinking a lot?

I was thinking maybe diabetes as well. I just got diagnosed with LADA diabetes (type 1, insulin dependent) a few months ago. It's definitely worth going to the Dr just in case, because if you do have it, and catch it early you'll be much better off. I was going to the toilet very often as well.
Also 36 Smile

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 5:07 am
amother Freesia wrote:
I was thinking maybe diabetes as well. I just got diagnosed with LADA diabetes (type 1, insulin dependent) a few months ago. It's definitely worth going to the Dr just in case, because if you do have it, and catch it early you'll be much better off. I was going to the toilet very often as well.
Also 36 Smile

Doesn't diabetes make you lose weight?

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:53 am
I started gaining weight at 38 and have gained steadily each year except for a few years when I was on a strict diet. I think it’s pretty common to gain weight during these years - just look around at your friends and neighbors. Your body is not your enemy and you shouldn’t hate yourself. It’s a faithful friend that has been helping you the whole time. Of course get a medical checkup and blood work. Then approach your body in a respectful loving manner.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:56 am
The feeling the need to urinate is the most concerning of all your symptoms. Gaining weight can be normal but not with the feeling to go to the bathroom. I would go to the dr asap

Comptroller

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:08 am
I also gained around this age.
Maybe it's just the metabolism slowing down.

I suppose the need to urinate is a separate problem, maybe a UTI after all.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:27 am
Are you taking birth control pills? I gained a lot of pounds when I was on the pill.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:48 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
Doesn't diabetes make you lose weight?

Yes it usually does, but I'd still advise op to check it out. I lost a lot, but maybe not everyone does. And before that I had put on a lot of weight. I was going to the toilet often but that was my first symptom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise