Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Cat S22 phone

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:39 pm
Anyone know of a place that filters it?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:41 pm
I live in uk dh bought it in new york he took it to the local tag here and it is great.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:42 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I live in uk dh bought it in new york he took it to the local tag here and it is great.

Local tags in New York aren’t filtering it anymore.
Dd has the filter on but the phone needs to be updated and they won’t take it off and then put it back on.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:43 pm
I wonder if uk tag can filter it without having the actual phone?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wonder if uk tag can filter it without having the actual phone?

I have no clue, but its ridiculous that they wont help you. Dh is only using it filtered for the past few months so I have no idea about updates.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:43 pm
From what I'm understanding this is regarding the phone you already have? If that's the case feom my understanding of just dealing with these phones I think your stuck after TAG already filtered it. I think your best bet would be to find a personal acquaintance who is knowledgeable and can help you, because any of the frum filter company's won't.
If you'd like to buy a new cat s22 we just purchased 2 from bdphones in lakewood (ordered online) they will program phone how you want it there are a few choices of filtering options. If you specifically need a sticker with a hechsher on it this won't do but if you want this phone to work with the specific filtering needs that you have this will be a great option

Debzz123

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:50 pm
Tag Flatbush filtered mine a few months ago

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:06 pm
Tag Boro park filtered dd’s 1.5 years ago and said if I need anything more they will unlock if I give them the code so I can put on what I need and then they will relock it. The phone needs to be updated desperately. It’s not working well and now they say if they unlock it they can’t relock it. So I’m trying to find a place that can do it.
Also bought it for a second child and then was told they don’t filter anymore. So now have two phones that need to be filtered.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:07 pm
Is the filter able to be removed? Dh’s phone can’t be unfiltered once the filter is on. At least that’s what tag told him.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:09 pm
Spoke to tag Flatbush and they told me only meshimer Boro park will do it. I called them today and they said they don’t do it anymore.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 6:47 pm
Why are places not filtering these phones anymore?
Because the filter doesnt work?

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 7:32 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Why are places not filtering these phones anymore?
Because the filter doesnt work?

I believe that they would like you to purchase phones through them or their officiate businesses. Let's keep in mind filters are important but thus has become a large money making business. Also the flip phones capable of being used as smart phone scare them. It makes it harder to keep track of who's using what. It is possible to have a filtered cat s22. And many other phones not approved by TAG. people can use filters to the level that they need without going through TAG.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 8:11 pm
My sister told me that Tag in Edison will do it,that was a few months ago.

She was complaining to me that the Lakewood office will not do it she had to go to Edison.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics