Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Age for Laser for teenagers

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:50 pm
My 15 year old keeps asking me to start laser for her body.

I already drive her once a month for an electrolysis and I feel like laser is more necessary for when you're a little older...I told her that I think that when she is able to drive herself she could do laser so that I don't have to be ferrying her around for appointments, plus it does require a little bit of upkeep and if I could start a few years later... cheaper for me. Let her shave for now.

She's furious at me and I'm wondering if most girls her age in town, are doing leg and other body parts with laser already at such a young age.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:41 pm
I was told that they can start a year after they get their period so I have been starting my daughters then ( around 14/15) Even though it is a pain to drive them and super costly, it feels like a long term investment. I only did laser in my mid thirties and wish I had done it earlier. Even after several pregnancies, I am still hair free so it really doesn't require much upkeep although I know it's different for everybody.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:45 pm
My daughter is 18, she’s been doing electrolysis for a couple of years now, it was very necessary for her.

Laser is a LUXURY. Teenagers are extremely spoiled today- please don’t give in if you can’t afford it or don’t have time to take her. I told my daughter she can do laser once she is able to contribute money toward it. I’m not budging!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:47 pm
I don'know what body part she is lasering the hair from, but styles change. she might want her eyebrows one way now but change her mind as an adult. what about an at home waxing kit?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:49 pm
I did laser as a teen and everything grew back. double. and thicker.

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:55 pm
I did laser after my first baby. It all grew back after the next pregnancy.
I guess if are planning on doing it for her as a teen, you'll get more years doing it earlier. Especially if there is a chace to grow back after pregnancy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:20 pm
I think she wants legs & bikini, or maybe even Brazilian.

I just think it's ridiculous- she doesn't go swimming often and she's not married so why does she need to start so young? Not a big deal to share your legs and bikini area so that nothing sticks out and when she's a little older she could decide then that she could take herself wherever she needs to go...

Electrolysis is for her face. That I've been doing for years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children