Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dress shrunk

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:36 pm
I bought a dress at a Jewish store. Washed it as per the instructions and it shrunk.
Store won't do anything for me saying must be how I washed it because no one else complained.
I followed the instructions exactly. I even said take a new one wash it, if it shrinks give me a refund, if not I'll buy it but they wouldn't listen.
I want to do a charge back but for some reason I feel guilty.
Why shouldn't I?

SuperWify

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:03 pm
Maybe instead of disputing off the bat, tell them you will have no other choice unless they try to help you.

Or contact the company of the dress.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:09 pm
Its their own company

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:12 pm
I don’t see how it’s their fault honestly. Not everything is an exact science and it could be that your washing machine is hotter than standard even on a cold setting, or something went wrong somewhere.

I doubt the cc company would approve your dispute

6000miles

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 4:02 pm
Whenever you buy something that’s 60% cotton and more, make sure it has room to shrink.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 4:51 pm
If you have purchase protection you can use that which won’t affect the store. I don’t know whether a dispite is the right thing or not but if it’s a store you want to go to in the future you might want to consider whether they’ll sell to you once you do that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 8:56 pm
Based on the measurements posted on their website the dress shrunk an entire size. Thats an inch & a half in length.
That's significant
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics