Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My weight loss meds experience. Looking to hear yours!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 9:08 am
I needed to lose 35 lbs. I've been dieting my whole life but had a simcha and wanted to try something that would work quicker. My dr suggested I go on the oral version of ozempic because it costs less. I did amazing bh and lost 30 lbs for the simcha. (I dieted alongside the pill) After the simcha was over it took me awhile to recover. (My first child's wedding) I just didn't have the energy to focus on my food. I didnt diet-ate whatever was easiest. BH together with taking the pill I didn't gain any weight. But it slowly stopped working. I dont know if my body got used to it? I started getting hungrier and I also didn't feel like I was getting away with not following a strict diet anymore. I feel like it's the same as old times. If I'm super strict on my diet I lose weight and if I'm not I gain weight. So I slowly stopped taking it. I would still love to lose more so I'm doing it the good old fashioned way. But I'm wondering if I have a rough patch where I can't be super strict if it will work again after taking a break? It was so good while it lasted!

Also wondering if others had it work for longer? I was on it for about 4-5 months.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 10:04 am
I recently lost 15 lbs for a child's wedding. I started on Ozempic shots and lost about 7 lbs but then it stopped working. I switched to Munjaro and lost another 8 lbs. That seems to be working longer term.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 10:50 am
When I was diagnosed with diabeties, my Dr. started me on ozempic. I started changing my eating habits before I got the ozempic. I was on the lowes dose (.25) for 2 months, then he upped me to .5 for a couple weeks. I lost 25 lbs. I begged my Dr. to go off the ozempic as I hated it's affects. I kept to my new eating plan and am over 55 lbs down.

The only way those pills or shots can be effective long term is if you change your eating habits permanently. And it doesn't have to be calorie restricting or starvation either. There are other options out there that let you eat real food that satisfy you and not starve you. It's just a matter (ok, not a simple one) of finding what works for you and changing your mindset of "I can't live without eating __________ ever again"

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:08 am
It’s not a magic bullet.

Comptroller

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:26 am
Yoyo effect is the norm, not the exception. Rare are those who lose a lot of weight and keep it down.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 2:39 pm
Thanks guys! Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise