Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Boys white shirt

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:03 pm
My 14 year old wants to wear short sleeve white dress shirts in the summer.
1. Do Boys even wear short sleeves ? (Going into mesivta)
2. Where can I find cheap white dress shirts, long and short sleeve, pref slim fit? Size 20

Thanks!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:37 pm
amazon and shirt stop has short sleeves french toast that inexpensive.

do boys wear them? well, depends on the kid and the crowd. my husband wears short sleeves white shirts learning !

BPmom4

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:37 pm
Pettit Clair I believe

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:38 pm
Ai stone

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:51 pm
Wanted to spend $15 or less per shirt, especially if he's going to camp with them.
Can anyone advise what boys wear in camp ( heimeshe camp) going onto mesivta age?
He insists he wants short sleeve dress shirts but not sure other boys wear that?

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:30 pm
I just ordered from marks and Spencer - their school uniform selection is amazing and way cheaper than anything I found here. Shipping is a little expensive because they are based in London but it’s still worth it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:40 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I just ordered from marks and Spencer - their school uniform selection is amazing and way cheaper than anything I found here. Shipping is a little expensive because they are based in London but it’s still worth it.

Can you share links of what you have bought from them?
Thanks

amother
Brass

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:58 pm
my son went to a boys sleep away camp (very yeshivish) and the boys wore a mix of short sleeve white polos (ordered from childrens place/old navy) or white v-neck hanes undershirts with their tzitzis on top (amazon). a few kids wore regular white shirts with their sleeves rolled up. nobody wore white collared shirts short sleeve, perhaps its diff in heimish camp. (maybe try to get a hold of the camp video from last yr so you can see what most of the boys wear if its his first time going)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Brass wrote:
my son went to a boys sleep away camp (very yeshivish) and the boys wore a mix of short sleeve white polos (ordered from childrens place/old navy) or white v-neck hanes undershirts with their tzitzis on top (amazon). a few kids wore regular white shirts with their sleeves rolled up. nobody wore white collared shirts short sleeve, perhaps its diff in heimish camp. (maybe try to get a hold of the camp video from last yr so you can see what most of the boys wear if its his first time going)

Thank you! I thought short sleeve dress shirts would look too chassidish/old man-ish on him. He's very stubborn.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 9:46 am
Bumping this up

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I thought short sleeve dress shirts would look too chassidish/old man-ish on him. He's very stubborn.
I don't know heimish circles, but most 14yo boys in our yeshivish lite circles do NOT wear short sleeve dress shirts on Shabbos. But if your son is insisting, who cares what other boys do? Why enforce peer pressure more than he himself feels? As long as he's comfortable and looks presentable, it's all good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics