Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Summer program for my teen after a rough year in Israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:18 am
Hi everyone
We are originally from the U.S. and living in Israel for many years. Our daughter who is 14 and who already had a complex teen life(at home and in school) had a very difficult year this year and really needs a break to rejuvinate. She needs to be somewhere where she feels physically safe. Im looking for a camp where she can work as a counselor and just be a teen and have fun, or a program that she can join where she will be with other frum teens who aren't worried daily about where the bomb shelter is. Open to anywhere in the U.S/Canada/Europe, as long as its a frum environment.
My daughter is intelligent and empathetic, responsible and good natured. She has also been very sad and put on lots of weight so big plus for a place with nature and outdoor activities.
Thank you so much, this is a big mitzvah.
Blessings for only good news.
-L

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:27 am
Do you want to post what kind of highschool she attends in Israel. Might make the suggestions more on point. And I hope she has the rejuvinating summer she needs. Its been tough.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:29 am
http://www.yifeinofgirls.com/

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:35 am
I suggest you contact any Chabad of bigger city's in Europe ( Amsterdam, Antwerp, Paris, Vienna, Rome & Zurich) and ask if she could work as a counselour and if they would host your daughter

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:36 am
What hashkafa are you? What kind of camp/aveera are you looking for?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:40 am
I think if she's 14 she'll still be a camper in most camps. What hashkafah?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:53 am
We are somewhere in between haredi and dati leumi, so like chardal, and also close with Chabad. She learns in a strong dati leumi school and has learned in Chabad in the past and also at a very charedi elementary school, so she is very familiar and adaptable to wherever she goes. At this point Im sure she will thrive super happily in any program as it has been an unbearably diffucult year here. So please just mention any ideas you may have that are girls only. Thanks!!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:03 am
Is she going into 9th or 10th grade? Either way, I think she would still be a camper in US sleep away camps. My children went to camp Stone, which always gets a lot of American Israeli kids. It's a Bnei Akiva camp.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:10 am
See if camp sternberg has openings

peachmommy

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:32 am
There a number of chabad girls travel camps for this age. A travel camp specifically could really be something beneficial to her. Some are more nature - camping and some are more 'high class travel' Wink there's south Africa Program, California, Prague travel camp, Brazil, mexico and I think a few more ...
I also heard of another amazing program called chaitours which is a travel camp on the east coast a few different states, they do camping and hiking, it's supposed to be an amazing experience contact them at Info@chaitours.net

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:36 am
Is she good with kids? I’m looking for a mother’s helper in an overnight camp. For a girl in high school. PM for more info.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:38 am
I was just going to post about the travel camp to South Africa, I think registration is closed, it's for girls coming out of 9th and 10th great and supposed to be amazing. Maybe next year?
https://travelcampsa.co.za/

gingleale

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:38 am
Ncsy has great teen travel programs within the US for frum MO girls.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:48 am
amother Orchid wrote:
Is she good with kids? I’m looking for a mother’s helper in an overnight camp. For a girl in high school. PM for more info.

She cant pm you. You are anonymous.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 9:04 am
amother Quince wrote:
See if camp sternberg has openings

I second that. Excellent camp. She will feel safe and included there. Worth calling to find out if there are any openings left

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:47 am
Thank you so much for all your responses. You were super helpful!
To the anon poster who mentioned they need a mothers helper, please leave contact info.
Thanks again everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children