Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What kind of bag/purse
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 12:50 pm
I was thinking about buying a purse/bag for my niece as a gift for seminary. (not designer LOL ) Looking to spend around $50-100. What style bags do the BY girls use for around town? Thanks

Lovable

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was thinking about buying a purse/bag for my niece as a gift for seminary. (not designer LOL ) Looking to spend around $50-100. What style bags do the BY girls use for around town? Thanks

Why is that funny? Also what do you consider designer
For that price range there are many options

https://www.katespadeoutlet.co.....age=3

https://www.saksoff5th.com/c/w.....00.00

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:32 pm
I know there are bags in that range - but what type of bag do the girls like to use when going out of sem?

(the laughter was refering to other threads....)

Lovable

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know there are bags in that range - but what type of bag do the girls like to use when going out of sem?

(the laughter was refering to other threads....)

And Im laughing at the irony
You think its funny that others like designer stuff
Yet you need to know what do other sem girls use?

Scratching Head

momlife

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:40 pm
She probably wants to know practically what kind of bag is useful in sem. (Maybe size shape etc.)

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:41 pm
Lovable wrote:
And Im laughing at the irony
You think its funny that others like designer stuff
Yet you need to know what do other sem girls use?

Scratching Head

So rude. You totally misunderstood her.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:48 pm
I would look for a cross body bag that can also be adjusted to shoulder strap if necessary.

I think this is a very practical bag for touring as well as being safe when traveling. it is really the only completely hands free style bag that I own which means that I have two hands free.

It should be a size that is not enormous but big enough so that you can carry items - for me 15" is ideal.

I also like lightweight so that when I actually add stuff to it, it is not so heavy. I find that heavy hardware and chains makes a bag heavy even empty.

I would go to a place like Marshalls or TJ Maxx and see what they have as you will find something in that price range. Full price would be harder.

Also - I think it is fun having a bag in a fun color as some colors are fairly neutral and go with lots of outfits. But of course black is the safest - I think black is better than brown as it goes with almost everything.

ETA And if you get at a store like Marshalls, it would be easy for her to exchange. You should make it very clear that you won't be insulted.

Also cash is also very welcome as would allow her to get exactly what she wants. When I reached a certain age, my aunts just gave me a check unless it was a little piffle that they bought me for no reason because they thought I might like it - e.g. a pair of costume jewelry earrings or equivalent that they had gotten for their daughter (my cousin)

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, May 14 2024, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lovable

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:50 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
So rude. You totally misunderstood her.

If youre so sure about that, kindly explain

Lovable

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 1:52 pm
momlife wrote:
She probably wants to know practically what kind of bag is useful in sem. (Maybe size shape etc.)

That is purely personal. You will see sem girls with mini bags big enough froa cell phone and tissues
And some with a bag big enough for a sandwich and book
Some have a wallet crossbody that doesnt even fit a phone

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 2:53 pm
Thank you - your suggestions are helpful. Yes, I was asking what the sem girls think is practical for walking around town. Thanks for those who replied!!

blueberry32

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 2:55 pm
They all wear the lululemon side bag

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 2:56 pm
also, she is going to have a phone from talknsave - on the kosher phone plan. Does anyone know what kind/size the phone is? I should make sure the bag will fit it I guess

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 3:07 pm
blueberry32 wrote:
They all wear the lululemon side bag

thank you - can you link, I can't find what you mean?
(or at least give me the description name....)

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 3:45 pm
thanks to everyone who took me seriously. can someone please link what lululemon bag was being reffered to? Thanks!

peace2

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 3:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks to everyone who took me seriously. can someone please link what lululemon bag was being reffered to? Thanks!

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/b.....aw.ds

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 4:17 pm
Thanks, I am familiar with the belt bag. Blueberry32 wrote "lululemon side bag" - I assume she was talking about to something else?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 6:32 pm
My dd in very in towny sem now in EY… everyone has the black lululemon Fanny,

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:09 pm
https://www.aloyoga.com/produc.....D_BwE

This is a a cute and unique style with pockets. Just don’t get it if she is against brand names.

Lovable

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 8:48 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
https://www.aloyoga.com/products/a0214u-utility-cross-body-bucket-bag-black?variant=41039760064692&disableCurrencyEstimate&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADkcv-MsXkd5QwXg-L5eL1nXF0yoU&gclid=CjwKCAjwl4yyBhAgEiwADSEjeHlYHBBUHbYT4QeHDMU2ZysekNlvgeRlnj6NjJCd7WqQ-D4fohBNKxoC4qAQAvD_BwE

This is a a cute and unique style with pockets. Just don’t get it if she is against brand names.

This was my initial confusion Confused

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:58 pm
Thank you!
I think she already has a fanny pack/belt bag. I may have to think of a different gift idea

Let me clarify - I am not against ever buying brand name items, but I am not specifically looking to only buy brand name designer. If within my budget the best bet is a name brand, that's perfectly fine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics