Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Duffel help for airplane

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:36 pm
Looking for a duffel that will be the right size for a checked bag (flying to Israel for seminary) - If I understand correctly it has to be max a total of 62" when adding the dimensions. this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
is 65", does anyone have suggestions for duffels that fit the requirement.

(The seminary specifically said no suitcases since they don't have storage space.)

Also, should I look for ones with or without wheels?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:37 pm
Wheels will make it a lot easier!

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:39 pm
Don’t get the standard 48” camp duffel. It’s very big and by the time you fill it up it’s way over the weight limit. Rather buy two of the 36” duffels (we got them in Amazing Savings) and fill them up all the way.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:35 am
groisamomma wrote:
Don’t get the standard 48” camp duffel. It’s very big and by the time you fill it up it’s way over the weight limit. Rather buy two of the 36” duffels (we got them in Amazing Savings) and fill them up all the way.

Yep, this exactly. And if she takes the group flight, she will likely automatically get two bags and an option to buy a third. We bought it because of weight, not space. And definitely wheels- she will be moving her bags on her own, all the way until her room.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:24 am
Thank you so much for your replies!

The seminary sent a packing list and said that if you need three bags you are probably packing too much. Assuming we get linen, etc and most toiletries in Israel is that true? from your experience is two enough or do many girls need 3?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:01 am
I’m out of seminary for a couple of years- I didn’t pack an extreme amount at all, and still managed to fill three suitcases lol. (Got my linen and towels in EY) packing for all seasons ends up being a lot of weight. (Winter coat, boots, sneakers, sweaters…) I left with two suitcases, because I donated a lot of clothes at the end of the year.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:30 am
thank you -
If I have a ticket with 2 checked bags, until what point can I pay for a 3rd if she needs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics