Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
30 pounds after dropping the shot??

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 3:40 pm
I gained 30-35 lbs in a year. I’m shocked. Not hating myself bc I happen to like my body overall, but I’m now in an obese BMI. I thought I gained some weight like 15-20 but this is astronomical. I had to stop the shot months ago due to insurance plans changed. My new insurance may not cover it. I was on ozempic. I’ve been eating really bad and way too much to be honest so it shouldn’t surprise me as much as it did.

I have pcos, at this point I may become diabetic. Low carb is always what worked for me. If anyone has pointers or specific plans I would like to hear your guidelines.

Yes I snack a lot and I’m a sugar addict and binge eater. I know I need to maybe address this in therapy and I think the therapist I have can help with this. But I know when I have a clear cut plan I am more likely to achieve success. I want to lose 40 pounds.

Whether it’s a plan that worked for you or a dietician etc that is LICENSED in Brooklyn or Manhattan please share ideas. I need very low sugar and carbs with my body type and habits.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:48 pm
I do NSNG. No Sugar No grains. You can download a PDF file explaining it, and watch podcasts with the guy who started it. He also does phone consults for extra support. The pdf is about $10, the consults are under $200 for an hour. He is really good. I lost close to 60lbs so far.
https://vinnietortorich.com/what-is-nsng/

BmoreBubby

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes I snack a lot and I’m a sugar addict and binge eater. I know I need to maybe address this in therapy and I think the therapist I have can help with this. But I know when I have a clear cut plan I am more likely to achieve success. I want to lose 40 pounds.

Whether it’s a plan that worked for you or a dietician etc that is LICENSED in Brooklyn or Manhattan please share ideas. I need very low sugar and carbs with my body type and habits.

Sounds like you know what to do but like many of us (myself included) finding it hard to be motivated to make those hard changes like NOT ALLOWING THOSE TAAVAH-FOODS INTO THE HOUSE AT ALL. Look, I'm addicted to sugar and like any other addiction, I know that if I have it around, I'm going to end up eating it. So the path to success really starts in the grocery store. You should see some of the food resources at TorahHealth which are both motivational and guiding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise