Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I know Hashem will help
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:11 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
I needed $14 to pay for a prescription for my child with strep $14 that’s it. All I need is $14. Not for something selfish, not for a want, for medicine. I’ve been davening to Hashem all day that he should help me have enough. Well when I went to pharmacy I had to put it on credit card, no thing came into the account even though I was davening for it. Yet Hashem promised to sustain all of us and each of my kids. Can someone help me make sense of this?

Can I send you $14? My heart breaks reading this

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
Can I send you $14? My heart breaks reading this

No thank you though. I put it on the credit card.

I’m just trying to understand the promise of Hashem to sustain us.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:15 pm
amother Yolk wrote:

Ok I just wanted to help.

My business slowed down by a lot this year so I understand how hard it can get. I hope hashem sends you and OP all the money you need.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:16 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
I needed $14 to pay for a prescription for my child with strep $14 that’s it. All I need is $14. Not for something selfish, not for a want, for medicine. I’ve been davening to Hashem all day that he should help me have enough. Well when I went to pharmacy I had to put it on credit card, no thing came into the account even though I was davening for it. Yet Hashem promised to sustain all of us and each of my kids. Can someone help me make sense of this?

Where do you think you got the funds from last time you paid up your credit card? Smile

Hashem provides. Always. It's just not always the way we want to see it.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:20 pm
amother Wheat wrote:

My business slowed down by a lot this year so I understand how hard it can get. I hope hashem sends you and OP all the money you need.

Yes I appreciate that and I’m really touched by it.

Thank you!! It’s so hard I anticipate so many things coming up that I have no idea how we are going to pay. But I am trying to take it moment by moment and not worry about tomorrow/the future.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:21 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Where do you think you got the funds from last time you paid up your credit card? Smile

Hashem provides. Always. It's just not always the way we want to see it.

I didn’t pay my card. We have a tooon of debt.

But I am grateful that Hashem provided medicine. That it’s so easy for us to get and there is a medicine that can treat the virus.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:25 am
Today is the day. Hashem please send me th4 $ I need. I'm fully prepared for miracles.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:30 am
Davening for you. Hashem please help this amother have the money she needs

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:32 am
amother Wheat wrote:

Just an update, I found some money in an account that I didn’t remember about and combined with the $5 in my account I already had it is enough, so I’m gonna go now and pay the card. Also will be enough to cover my car insurance coming out on shabbos, Thank you Hashem!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:39 am
amother Yolk wrote:

I completely agree with you. That's why I don't think the op makes sense. Respectfully, it's a naive way of looking at the world. She says she has emunah that hashem will help. We should all know that emunah should not be attached to a result. Emunah is that no matter the outcome we believe in hashem and his goodness.

And I also don't understand why the op believes hashem will help in the way that she's hoping.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:40 am
amother Taupe wrote:
I completely agree with you. That's why I don't think the op makes sense. Respectfully. it's a naive way of looking at the world. She says she has emunah that hashem will help. We should all know that emunah should not be attached to a result. Emunah is that no matter the outcome we believe in hashem and his goodness.

And I also don't understand why the op believes hashem will help in the way that she's hoping.

But that’s the truest level of bitachon. It’s on a podcast I listen too straight from shaar habitation

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:41 am
amother Taupe wrote:
I completely agree with you. That's why I don't think the op makes sense. Respectfully. it's a naive way of looking at the world. She says she has emunah that hashem will help. We should all know that emunah should not be attached to a result. Emunah is that no matter the outcome we believe in hashem and his goodness.

What's my alternative? And of course I believe that if I don't get the money it's from Hashem. I would so much rather believe in Hashem than believe in....myself? I've seen so many miracles. Also hard times. It's all Him.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:57 am
amother OP wrote:
What's my alternative? And of course I believe that if I don't get the money it's from Hashem. I would so much rather believe in Hashem than believe in....myself? I've seen so many miracles. Also hard times. It's all Him.

Believe in hashem that....what? A specific result? That's what we believe in people. Hashem obviously allows sickness, poverty, abuse, death, divorce, loneliness, and other bad things. Why should we believe that he will do something specific that we see as good?

Isn't emunah that anything that happens is his will and we accept it?

I would also rather believe what you believe. That hashem will make everything fall in place and be good. But how do I convince myself of this when I see that hashem doesn't work that way?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:02 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Believe in hashem that....what? A specific result? That's what we believe in people. Hashem obviously allows sickness, poverty, abuse, death, divorce, loneliness, and other bad things. Why should we believe that he will do something specific that we see as good?

Isn't emunah that anything that happens is his will and we accept it?

I would rather also believe what you believe. That hashem will make everything fall in place and be good. But how do I convince myself of this when I see that hashem doesn't work that way?

I believe that Hashem knows my needs, is there for me and has my back. This morning I'm davening and believing that the money will come. If it doesn't then I believe that too is for the best. Believe me I've been through many challenges this year. My emunah is only getting stronger.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
I believe that Hashem knows my needs, is there for me and has my back. This morning I'm davening and believing that the money will come. If it doesn't then I believe that too is for the best. Believe me I've been through many challenges this year. My emunah is only getting stronger.

Ok, sounds like you are in a good place.

Is your emunah that whatever happens is good, or is your emunah that he will have your back and make everything right?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:09 am
amother OP wrote:

If you provide me with your bank account and routing number or a quick pay address, I can send you something today Iyh.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:35 pm
Believing and having Emunah in Hashem does help. It might not be the way we want it to, but definitely helps. Look, I’m going through IF treatment. I needed about $1000 recently and literally did not know where I’ll have the money from. Kept believing that somehow Hashem will help. Well, sure enough, dh found someone to borrow from.
So, was it my own money that I had to pay for it? No.
Did Hashem help?
ABSOLUTELY YES.
Hashem sent this person to be willing to lend the money to dh. And yes I’m forever grateful to Hashem for sending this person to agree to lend the money…
May Hashem help us all with everything we need and may we merit to see the good in everything!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:51 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
Ok, sounds like you are in a good place.

Is your emunah that whatever happens is good, or is your emunah that he will have your back and make everything right?

Based on the mind-boggling tragedies I've seen up close this year I have no choice but to strengthen my belief that every single thing He does is good. Hard emunah work.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:51 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
If you provide me with your bank account and routing number or a quick pay address, I can send you something today Iyh.

You are so special. I'm just embarrassed - what if you know me?

Can I dm you?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
You are so special. I'm just embarrassed - what if you know me?

Can I dm you?

I don't think you know me.

You can dm me anytime. I will be glad to help!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics