Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Derech Emes Monsey

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:45 pm
What type of school was Derech Emes in Monsey? (I know it's long closed.) Was it a modern school? Sefardi?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:47 pm
It wasn’t specifically modern or Sephardi but there were probably some modern girls and Sephardi girls in a lot of grades. It was a BY style school that accepted people of all types. I went there until it closed down.

I’m curious why you’re asking. Shidduch resume research?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:52 pm
Simply curious. Someone who is ultra chassidish told me she went to their preschool. I was wondering how she landed there, but didn't ask any questions... From what I knew it was very modern, but wasn't sure.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Simply curious. Someone who is ultra chassidish told me she went to their preschool. I was wondering how she landed there, but didn't ask any questions... From what I knew it was very modern, but wasn't sure.

Morah Rivkah A”H was a tzadeikes and accepted anybody into her school. She often catered to working moms who worked late and weren’t able to be home for their kids and she took care of them often giving them supper etc.
She had kids from all kinds of homes and backgrounds .

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:

The faculty and curriculum were not at all modern. Some of the students were.

People went to their preschool without continuing into using them as their elementary school. The preschool classes were a lot bigger than the K-8 classes. Morah Rivka was very popular.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics