Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why not nude color opaque tights?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:24 am
I don't understand. Why do people wear black tights for comfort when they don't like the look when opaque and semi-opaque tights can be any color including nude?

Happydance

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:27 am
The nude material is somehow never as comfortable as black

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:27 am
If you don't like black tights and have to wear opaque ones, it is a hard choice.

In my opinion opaque flesh toned tights are incredibly dowdy and black is preferable.

Of course black tights look ridiculous with a lot of skirts but in the winter I generally wear dark bottoms - usually black or with black in it - so they look fine.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:54 am
Because it looks chassidish

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:08 pm
I am litvish and wear 60 denier nude tights for tznius reasons.
They don't look natural (which is why I wear them), which is why I think most people wouldn't wear them.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 12:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't understand. Why do people wear black tights for comfort when they don't like the look when opaque and semi-opaque tights can be any color including nude?

Because nude opaque is ugly. What other color would you suggest?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:

IMHO - I like it
But I’m over 50
I use 40 deniers I get n EY, 3 pack they sell everywhere
Super comfortable, and I live in Fl.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:

It looks like you're wearing masking tape. Not a pretty look at all.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
It looks like you're wearing masking tape. Not a pretty look at all.

It depends on the color, though. A sheer nude is supposed to be tan so it adds a nice glow, but an opaque nude is supposed to be the same color that sheer tights looks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
Because it looks chassidish

Why is that a problem?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:09 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:

If it's the right shade, it's very neutral.

And as for other colors, well, the sky's the limit. To start with, how about we bring back brown, dark gray and navy blue as general alternatives to black? Black isn't in everyone's color season.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:21 pm
I WISH there was a way to wear comfortable nude tights. Thicker like black tights... Just nude for the summer I guess?

But I've looked and anything remotely like this is really ugly to me.

A few months ago someone posted a link to a non frum tights brand that made very very thick light colored tights. Supposedly comfy...?

Honestly, it looked horrible, even on the models who were perfectly posed and wore their matching skin tone colors...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:22 pm
I think it only looks ugly because you're not used to it.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
If it's the right shade, it's very neutral.

And as for other colors, well, the sky's the limit. To start with, how about we bring back brown, dark gray and navy blue as general alternatives to black? Black isn't in everyone's color season.

It's only neutral when it's a low denier. Opaque never has a neutral look, regardless of the shade.

Matching socks to outfit colors is an old fashioned look. So people stuck with black to be more up with the times. It probably will make a comeback and then you will see all these shades again.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 1:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think it only looks ugly because you're not used to it.

Not exactly true. I'm overly used to it and everyone around me wears it, but it's still ugly.

zaq

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:28 pm
"Skintone" opaque hose are ugly. They make you look like an eighty-five-year-old with bad circulation. Black is also frumpy, but at least you don't look like you're wearing medical hose.

Petra

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 4:09 pm
I wear the opaque nude tights. Yeah, I feel matronly but I dont care. I am comfortable and I am not looking to impress.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:07 pm
I can't find one that really matches my skin. Wearing opaque nude tights that are the wrong shade looks awful. I'll stick with my black.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:24 pm
zaq wrote:
"Skintone" opaque hose are ugly. They make you look like an eighty-five-year-old with bad circulation. Black is also frumpy, but at least you don't look like you're wearing medical hose.

I think I've decided I'm okay with looking frumpy, old fashioned, horrible, masking tape covered, dowdy, old, weird, etc.

But please tell me my 50 den skin color tights aren't ugly. That's a step too far.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:10 pm
I wear opaque skintone 40 denier. I’m yeshivish. My teenage daughters are mortified! But I can’t stand the more sheer stockings, they’re uncomfortable.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics