Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Visiting Boro park
Previous  1  2

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:20 pm
I wore my baseball cap with my fall this year and a child yelled at me from two stories above ona porch - why are you wearing a hat?
So I get you OP

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:32 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
I wore my baseball cap with my fall this year and a child yelled at me from two stories above ona porch - why are you wearing a hat?
So I get you OP

This was a kid being a kid, not a reflection of the community. I live here and I've worn my wig like this countless times as have others I know.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:37 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
This was a kid being a kid, not a reflection of the community. .

Baloney. This was a kid reflecting the prejudices of his family, which may or may not reflect the prejudices of his family's wider social circle.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Baloney. This was a kid reflecting the prejudices of his family, which may or may not reflect the prejudices of his family's wider social circle.

I hate to say this, but the fact that one might think this way is more of a reflection of the thinker and not the kid that spoke.
The kid could:
Have a neurodivergent diagnosis
Be socially off
Decide to talk out of his hat
Nothing to do with observance levels.

I have relatives in KJ whose kids wouldn't ask such a question from a random stranger passing by, and it isn't because they're ok with this type of dress, but rather because they were taught social norms.
BP is way less stringent and kids are used to seeing all types and stripes here.
Having a kid make a comment is a social skills issue, not an observance one.

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:36 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:

Baloney right back at you. Prejudice happens in any community. BP isnt only a chassidish community, there are enough of other sects to create a nice mix.
You happened to have met a narrow minded family, I didn't know these only exist here.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics