Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
KBY / BSM / BDY / Bnos Bina / Munkatch Questions - Monsey

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 8:45 pm
Is women driving allowed?
Do they have extra curricular activities ?
Who's known for better academic?
Are smartphones (filtered) allowed ?
Taught in Yiddish or English?
Class size?
Anything else I should know ?
Can't think of anything else atm
Thank you !

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 8:50 pm
I'll respond for KBY
Pretty new, still building up. So far seems to be very nice crowd. Fine and neutral crowed. Mixed between very chaddish, heimish, more yeshivish. A little similar to bais rochel crowd these days.
I think they want to be quite frum. No internet access... but they aren't so chassidish so driving allowed.
I heard that it is a very warm and loving place and on top of things. Amazing teachers.
They talk yiddish in the morning, but teach in litvish havarah.

emee2

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 4:18 pm
Also curious about these schools

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 2:58 pm
Bais shifra Miriam is by far the most “ ugehiten “ of the school you mention. So much so that they should probably fall off your list if you are considering the others

safetynet1

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 4:21 pm
KBy is similar to Bais Rochel style- Fantastic school
BSM used to be based on R chaim Flohrs shitas. That changed a lot in the last few years. Most of the Flohrs switched out. Average School
BDY is a bunch of chassidim that dont want to associate with chassidish,. Unfortunately a lot of the older grades are not doing well in yiddishkeit. Lots of internal politics now
Bnos Binah - the parents are mostly cooler than their parents but functional and settled. Academically okay, I tink they are struggling financially

schoolbus

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:15 pm
Bdy actually announced today that they’re closing

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:56 pm
schoolbus wrote:

Where r all the girls gonna go?

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:47 pm
Bnos Binah is academically higher level. The rest of the description is accurate. My daughter goes there.

emee2

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 4:10 pm
schoolbus wrote:

Are you sure??

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:22 pm
Following this thread.. also anyone know more info regarding peninim Bais Yaakov? I know it’s a new school, what’s the parent body like and is it a warm school?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:24 pm
emee2 wrote:
Are you sure??

Yes. Today was the last day.
Parents kept on getting warnings that the school will close if they won't adhere to specific conditions, but unfortunately parents didn't heed to the warnings.
Teachers left because they couldn't deal anymore.
I wonder if they'll reopen next year.

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:28 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Yes. Today was the last day.
Parents kept on getting warnings that the school will close if they won't adhere to specific conditions, but unfortunately parents didn't heed to the warnings.
Teachers left because they couldn't deal anymore.
I wonder if they'll reopen next year.

Oh wow. Like what conditions?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:36 pm
Not sure what conditions you’re referring to but the actual wording in their email is that due to financial difficulties the school staff hadn’t received their salaries the past 3 months and they can’t continue and must close immediately.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:37 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Not sure what conditions you’re referring to but the actual wording in their email is that due to financial difficulties the school staff hadn’t received their salaries the past 3 months and they can’t continue and must close immediately.

This is the reason they want people to think it is. Whatever, not for discussion here.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:45 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
This is the reason they want people to think it is. Whatever, not for discussion here.

Well I doubt theyre lying I about the salaries. They wouldn’t write a specific detail if it’s a lie. I can’t imagine there would be another valid reason to put kids out on the street before the school year is over.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Well I doubt theyre lying I about the salaries. They wouldn’t write a specific detail if it’s a lie. I can’t imagine there would be another valid reason to put kids out on the street before the school year is over.

It's prob financial issues plus Internal politics. It's terrible for these kids and families. Where will they all go?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries