Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Sneakers under 50$ for walking and working out

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:40 pm
Any links appreciated! thanks

parsley

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 2:52 pm
Reebok had a few on sale. Good rubber soles and leather upper. About $40
Don’t have the link. Just search sneakers and filter it to your size etc (don’t filter to women. They have some that are unisex that they won’t show you if you do)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:49 pm
walking shoes cost more than running; I'm not sure why. you can use running shoes to walk in.

it depends on what activities you are doing - if you run or walk, that's a forward to back motion and running shoes are fine for that. if you take fitness classes or do zumba or use machines or do other side to side motion, you need shoes that support both front to back motion as well as side to side. those are trainers and generally cost more than running shoes. look for sales.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:41 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
walking shoes cost more than running; I'm not sure why. you can use running shoes to walk in.

it depends on what activities you are doing - if you run or walk, that's a forward to back motion and running shoes are fine for that. if you take fitness classes or do zumba or use machines or do other side to side motion, you need shoes that support both front to back motion as well as side to side. those are trainers and generally cost more than running shoes. look for sales.

Thanks! Did not know any of this. I’m hoping to walk and do some exercises like cardio and strength training with weights, likes squats and lunges and bicep curls

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Did not know any of this. I’m hoping to walk and do some exercises like cardio and strength training with weights, likes squats and lunges and bicep curls
I do strength training while barefoot. Or wearing barefoot shoes. You don’t need special shoes for that.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:59 pm
you can lift weights barefoot and it's actualy preferable to do so that way. but for cardio and movement, you need to be supported. trainers are the most versatile shoe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics