Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why not nude color opaque tights?
Previous  1  2

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think it only looks ugly because you're not used to it.

Nah, im quite used to the look.
Its just ugly.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:48 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
I wear opaque skintone 40 denier. I’m yeshivish. My teenage daughters are mortified! But I can’t stand the more sheer stockings, they’re uncomfortable.

Slightly OT, but where do you find 40 denier nude stockings? I don't like sheer, it tears too easily and I don't like the feel either.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:10 pm
So Is there nothing out there that's comfortable (thick) that looks nice?

Just recently I took on myself to be machmir about wearing stockings. A big nisayon for me, since I struggle with the discomfort.

If there was something to make this easier id be so happy!

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:21 pm
I think what most of you are looking for is palm tights. It's thick fabric similar to black tights and beige color. Very Happy

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:40 pm
I buy 40 denier online, lots of Jewish hosiery stores are online. It took a little experimenting to find the shade that works best for my skin tone. Each brand’s colors are a little different.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
I buy 40 denier online, lots of Jewish hosiery stores are online. It took a little experimenting to find the shade that works best for my skin tone. Each brand’s colors are a little different.

Can you link? I see some stockings but they don't post the denier.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:11 pm
Wow this thread is so interesting to me. I’m a BT who grew up in an environment where no one wore tights and it’s still sometimes difficult for me - and because it’s for a mitzvah I wear 60 denier nude tights and think they look ok. My girls (who are now in town ffbs) told me they were nerdy, but I was like no, we live in a frum (yeshivish) area, I’m sure it’s fine! I won’t be telling them that they are right, and apparently most frum people view them as nerdy and uncool. Luckily, I didn’t change everything about my life to become frum to waste time worrying about what other people thought was cool, or I never would have become frum in the first place. I did it because it is Emes, and I’m wearing the apparently nerdy tights because I believe it’s the right thing to do (and honestly, I always thought they looked ok, you guys might need to be careful that you aren’t causing people to potentially not take on a higher level of tznius, or chv drop down levels in their tznius observance)

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:42 am
I wear opaque for tznius reasons as well - I'm not chasidish. there are some nicer ones like memoi support 60/70, berkshire makes a nice one. also butterfly nurseaid 70 denier. but the color pallette does leave something to be desired

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:57 am
Melas 6 Pair Women's 60 Denier Microfiber Control Top Tights https://a.co/d/jdYmwua

I wear these every day and they are so comfortable. I hope people don't think I'm weird or nerdy. I thought I looked nice.

Busybee5

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:03 am
zaq wrote:
"Skintone" opaque hose are ugly. They make you look like an eighty-five-year-old with bad circulation. Black is also frumpy, but at least you don't look like you're wearing medical hose.

I wear the tanned, glossy ones, I think 10 or 15 denier so nice and thin. I like them 🤷‍♀️ they go well with a denim skirt.
For comfort I don't like them! But they're ok. I often just wear maxi skirts with short socks. Now that's really comfy! I wear biker shorts every day , even in winter.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:20 am
Busybee5 wrote:
I wear the tanned, glossy ones, I think 10 or 15 denier so nice and thin. I like them 🤷‍♀️ they go well with a denim skirt.
For comfort I don't like them! But they're ok. I often just wear maxi skirts with short socks. Now that's really comfy! I wear biker shorts every day , even in winter.

how is 10-15 denier opaque? I'm totally confused by this response

salt

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:16 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:

I think she just didn't notice, or lost track and forgot that the topic is actually opaque tights, and just got the idea that this was a discussion about comfortable tights.

Busybee5

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:00 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about regular nude tights. I think I know what opaque are now. Sorry!

Busybee5

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:01 pm
salt wrote:
I think she just didn't notice, or lost track and forgot that the topic is actually opaque tights, and just got the idea that this was a discussion about comfortable tights.

No I thought it was about skin colour tights versus black.

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:09 pm
So interesting, my girls have never cared about my legware. I used to wear Elledue 60 denier in Sughero, which had a brightness to the shade and didn't look so bubbyish, but they seem to be out of stock/circulation these last two summers. I haven't found another brand I like as much, and have been wearing (and ripping) knee highs till I find something.....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics