Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Has anyone bought a cheap couch that they're happy with?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:07 pm
I want a couch for my basement- If I can get away with it- 300 or under. The lower the better....
Anyone bought anything like this and can point me in the right direction? Would like something modern updated if possible and want it to have good reviews if it's not something you have yourself

So far I have looked on amazon, walmart, ikea, wayfair

If this is too much to ask I'll accept that but I want to try

Amarante

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:47 pm
There is no way to get a couch at that price point.

The least expensive relatively good quality sofa would be from IKEA - they are suprisingly well rated and much better than the cheaper stuff like Ashley.

Your best bet for that price would be getting something used. Used couches are relatively inexpensive because people want specific colors and styles but if you keep looking in Craigslist or Facebook something acceptable should pop up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:57 pm
Amarante wrote:
There is no way to get a couch at that price point.

The least expensive relatively good quality sofa would be from IKEA - they are suprisingly well rated and much better than the cheaper stuff like Ashley.

Your best bet for that price would be getting something used. Used couches are relatively inexpensive because people want specific colors and styles but if you keep looking in Craigslist or Facebook something acceptable should pop up.

Do I have to worry about bed bugs or something like that?

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:02 pm
I got on Facebook marketplace. You just have to figure out how to get it to your house.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:03 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I got on Facebook marketplace. You just have to figure out how to get it to your house.

What about the bed bug concern? You hope for the best?

michimochi

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:12 pm
Why didn't you like anything from IKEA?

Wondering bc I love my IKEA couch, has lasted us 5yrs so far.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:14 pm
I got this in black for my basement and I’m very happy with it https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mai.....74553

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:20 pm
michimochi wrote:
Why didn't you like anything from IKEA?

Wondering bc I love my IKEA couch, has lasted us 5yrs so far.

I love ikea. I have another ikea couch and it's awesome. The cheapest I am seeing there is 450 if I don't want one long cushion. I would rather 2 separate cushions if want to sit at same time as husband and am niddah. My ikea couch is almost 10 years old. They don't make it anymore. Out of curiosity do you know the name of the one you have? Maybe I'll just spend a little more and be done if I hear a good review

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I got this in black for my basement and I’m very happy with it https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mai.....74553

Cool. thanks. Is it comfortable? I had a futon once and it was very uncomfortable. I know one futon doesn't indicate about all of them lol

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:23 pm
Try Wayfair

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:23 pm
amother Latte wrote:

Cool. thanks. Is it comfortable? I had a futon once and it was very uncomfortable. I know one futon doesn't indicate about all of them lol

amother
Latte

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

It is because it has memory foam.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:24 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Try Wayfair

I did I also didn't really see. Maybe I'm also being too picky. I don't like the ones with the buttons on them- not sure what they're called... that style seems to be most of what I am seeing in this price range

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:26 pm
amother Latte wrote:
It is because it has memory foam.

Okay thanks so maybe this is a good option. I'm gonna look into it more. I appreciate it. I would take other ideas still if anyone else has cuz we were not happy w the futon. Not sure my husband will want to try another one Smile but it is my price range and I'm hearing from you that you're happy

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:31 pm
Are you willing to buy from Craigslist/marketplace? I got a gorgeous couch for under $100 from a wealthy couple moving abroad.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:34 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
Are you willing to buy from Craigslist/marketplace? I got a gorgeous couch for under $100 from a wealthy couple moving abroad.

yes I've never done it before but I would try maybe. Can you tell me what I do? I have a whitelist so I would have to add the website. Is it craigslist.com? and what is it for marketplace? and then my other question is - how do I know it doesn't have bed bugs? Or I don't and it's a risk I take

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:43 pm
I noticed some nice looking couches in that price range from Walmart

mfb

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:46 pm
The futon I bought was pretty low so not so comfortable

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:59 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
I noticed some nice looking couches in that price range from Walmart

Thank you very much to you and to the other ima who posted about her walmart futon. I went back to walmart and thanks to the other ima's post I put in mainstays and see that is a reputable brand and there a bunch of very well priced options. Futons and not futons. When I was originally searching on walmart I kept getting sketchy brands with fake reviews written in gibberish.
I think I will choose one of the mainstays options

I really appreciate everyone's help here!!

amother
Jean

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you very much to you and to the other ima who posted about her walmart futon. I went back to walmart and thanks to the other ima's post I put in mainstays and see that is a reputable brand and there a bunch of very well priced options. Futons and not futons. When I was originally searching on walmart I kept getting sketchy brands with fake reviews written in gibberish.
I think I will choose one of the mainstays options

I really appreciate everyone's help here!!

Mainstays is a Walmart brand. Not super high quality but usually pretty reliable.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics