Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Feedback! if you have a Struggling Teen

Aydel Knaidel

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 2:59 am
Looking for input from fellow Imamothers "in the trenches". I am working on creating an online course to empower and guide parents with their struggling teens.

What topics would you MOST like to see the course address? What are some pointers you could give me for what NOT to do?

And lastly, is this something you would appreciate having access to? If so, what's your price-point to purchase such a thing?

I would really appreciate your input! Thanks so much

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 3:54 am
I'd want big names and big experts with big shoulders. There's already a lot of stuff online to tap into and I pick and choose, I like Rabbi Russel, I've watched some twisted parenting content, I don't think I'd pay for a course unless it was a potpourri of some absolutely incredible chinuch experts with exclusive content you can't find elsewhere who have been dealing with teens at risk for a long time. Also, so much is individual. I'm raising a struggling teen in Israel, not the US, I'd want to hear more about the landscape and pitfalls and how to strengthen myself and child here, not in the US.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:45 am
Honestly, if you don’t have a child like that then it’s just a lot of concepts you will throw out there. You really can’t understand if you didn’t live with a teen struggling emotionally which then leads to a spiritual decline.
Listen to speeches given at kesher nafshi. Listen to R’ Shimon Russel when he talks about crisis parenting.
This has to come from hands on experience with someone in your family to be able to understand the depth.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:24 am
Right, Kesher Nafshi has sort of cornered the market on this. They have a ton of material already out there

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:07 am
Keasher Nafshi I understand is for parents of OTD kids. Struggling teens can mean a lot of things; struggling with depression, anxiety, out of school, self harming, eating disorder etc... What do you mean by struggling OP? And what is your background?

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:05 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Keasher Nafshi I understand is for parents of OTD kids. Struggling teens can mean a lot of things; struggling with depression, anxiety, out of school, self harming, eating disorder etc... What do you mean by struggling OP? And what is your background?

Kesher nafshi is for kids who are struggling for all types of reasons. Very often inner struggles can affect a child’s yiras shamayim too.
It’s a whole other world. A whole new language to learn.
For starters, struggling kids are referred to as- KIPS = Kids in Pain.
Listen to lectures from Rabbi Russel about KIPS and crisis parenting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children