Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
The time has come for me to get a job

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 4:46 pm
Bh I’ve been so blessed to be able to be a sahm for many many years. Due to inflation, kids getting bigger, and simchas we started to make I need to get a job so we can make it financially. I have zero experience since I haven’t worked in 2 decades. I can’t work Sundays or late bc I still have little kids that come home by 245/3. Any idea where to look? What type of job to look for? I’m in Boro park. I thought about an at home business like selling my baked goods however I feel it’s so over saturated. I’m open to pretty much anything that can accompany my hours and understand when I need to take off an hr here or there when we have a mommy n me or some sort of school performance midday.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:01 pm
Going through the same but my youngest is a teenager.
For different reasons I can't do a 9-5 in office job so looking for the same as you.
I'm not in Brooklyn.

I was trying to come up with something also and hit a dead-end.
I had my own business many years ago and questioned if I should open it because there were so many. One person gave me advice I should open it because parnassa is up to Hashem I will get what I am supposed to get even it there market is flooded.
So whatever you are interested in just try it out.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:53 pm
Literally in the same exact boat.

Any suggestions on where to look for part time jobs?

I’m on a bunch of job WhatsApp group- I see recruiter postings… all F/T.

Yes, I’m telling everyone I know I’m looking, but that hasn’t yielded anything yet…

I have a wide range of skills from project management to marketing to teaching etc… not quite sure what I want to do- first I need to see what’s available and so far it’s nothing…

Any suggestions?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:04 pm
I always see the home health care agencies posting looking for case managers and coordinators.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:14 pm
Nursing home billing? They are always hiring and start at about $25/hr

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:22 pm
Maybe I’m being picky… I’ve previously been paid $50 an hour…

Any other suggestions?

Einikel

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:25 pm
You can be a DSP and work with special needs or medically challenged individuals.

Hamaspik us always advertising such roles.
I think it pays 35/hour

amother
Fern

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:30 pm
How much are you looking to make? Do u have basic computer skills? A lot of schools have part time office jobs. They don’t pay much but the vacations are great.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:48 pm
Obviously I would love to bring home money but I kno I probably will be just covering the extra expenses that come with working such as cleaning help, grocery that may be more expensive but much more convenient, easier suppers and not as much home baked/cooked meals.. eventually I need to bring in more but I’ve got to start somewhere and that somewhere is low. Honestly I’m terrible at computers I can shop and search for things but word, excel, quick books I haven’t used since highschool. I’m very open and willing to learn and be trained.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:49 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Nursing home billing? They are always hiring and start at about $25/hr

Know of any off hand? Or where to look? I’m assuming they train in?!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:51 pm
JobOpp - We are hiring for our Inbound Sales team answering donation calls for a kiruv organization! Join Oorah and you will love working for a friendly, frum organization! Full Israeli benefits, option for work from home or in our Yerushalayim office with separate offices for men and women and a full chareidi work setting. Must have mother tongue English, great people skills, excellent computer skills, and be responsible and hard working. Afternoon hours - from 3-8:15pm and one to two evenings per week on motzei Shabbos/Sunday, including bein hazmanim. Excellent salary for the right candidate! Email your resume to ey@oorah.org
''

JobOpp - A social service agency in Brooklyn is looking to hire an Accounts Payable assistant. A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week is required (open to more hours). For the first 8-12 weeks all hours would need to be overlapping with American business hours. After that, a minimum of 2 overlapping hours daily is required. Compensation range is $20-$23/hour. Reach out to t.levy@jccgci.org ame h.levi@jccgci.org.
''
JobOpp - Work from home! Complex Medical Billing for Medical Supply Company. BrighTree Billing Software and / or Bookkeeping knowledge a plus . Looking for employees who are smart, analytical and have superior attention to detail. Send resume to arapjobs1@gmail.com

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:54 pm
Preschool assistant
ABA para

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:12 pm
amother Linen wrote:
JobOpp - We are hiring for our Inbound Sales team answering donation calls for a kiruv organization! Join Oorah and you will love working for a friendly, frum organization! Full Israeli benefits, option for work from home or in our Yerushalayim office with separate offices for men and women and a full chareidi work setting. Must have mother tongue English, great people skills, excellent computer skills, and be responsible and hard working. Afternoon hours - from 3-8:15pm and one to two evenings per week on motzei Shabbos/Sunday, including bein hazmanim. Excellent salary for the right candidate! Email your resume to ey@oorah.org
''

JobOpp - A social service agency in Brooklyn is looking to hire an Accounts Payable assistant. A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week is required (open to more hours). For the first 8-12 weeks all hours would need to be overlapping with American business hours. After that, a minimum of 2 overlapping hours daily is required. Compensation range is $20-$23/hour. Reach out to t.levy@jccgci.org ame h.levi@jccgci.org.
''
JobOpp - Work from home! Complex Medical Billing for Medical Supply Company. BrighTree Billing Software and / or Bookkeeping knowledge a plus . Looking for employees who are smart, analytical and have superior attention to detail. Send resume to arapjobs1@gmail.com

These are Israeli jobs. I’m in nyc

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
These are Israeli jobs. I’m in nyc

the first one is, the last 2 can be done anywhere?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:42 pm
If anyone is in lakewood, I just heard of a job opening. I think they are ok with flexible hours

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:51 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
If anyone is in lakewood, I just heard of a job opening. I think they are ok with flexible hours

What's the job?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:54 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
What's the job?

My understanding is that it's to assist with payroll.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:56 pm

Thanks for responding.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 11:58 pm

Do you have more info?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics