Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would the catskills be a fun vacation spot end of August?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:51 am
Looking to go the last Shabbos in August, that is when all my kids are off camp and we would go away.
We have never been to the Catskills before, and I see a few nice Airbnbs walking distance to bungalow colonies (shul) so good for Shabbos!
Is there a lot to do in the Catskills are for kids of all ages, specifically stroller friendly up to 13 year old? Would love some ideas and input, fun places to go, lists of family friendly inexpensive (does that exist lol) eateries or takeout etc
Thanks in advance!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 3:56 pm
Bumping for evening crowd Smile

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 4:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking to go the last Shabbos in August, that is when all my kids are off camp and we would go away.
We have never been to the Catskills before, and I see a few nice Airbnbs walking distance to bungalow colonies (shul) so good for Shabbos!
Is there a lot to do in the Catskills are for kids of all ages, specifically stroller friendly up to 13 year old? Would love some ideas and input, fun places to go, lists of family friendly inexpensive (does that exist lol) eateries or takeout etc
Thanks in advance!

If you are going outside of a bungalow colony there might not be an eiruv… just pointing that out…

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 4:25 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
If you are going outside of a bungalow colony there might not be an eiruv… just pointing that out…

Correct, I may have to stay in house with my newborn. Or switch off with my husband and take the kids out myself. Or find a house with a fenced in yard….
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics