Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to find cute lightweight little girls dresses

throwaway

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:06 am
I live OOT and need to buy clothes for my 5 year old. I don't love Tottini because the material doesnt seem very breathable and honestly it's ugly. I want clothes for both shabbos and weekday that are cute and hopefully affordable but they need to be lightweight for the summer. She gets very sensitive to the heat and it's been two days of warm weather and I'm realizing that what I do have for her is not working. Ideally looking for a light gauzey kind of material, but anything that isn't that thicker jersey material would probably be good. On KidiChic and Junees I'm seeing some of what I'm looking for but it's all whites and creams and she's a kid and they're going to get so stained!
Any ideas on where to look? Frum stores that have a normal website?

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:07 am
Maniere is having a sale

amother
Blue

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:10 am
The carters little planet has

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:17 am
I totally get it. I live in Israel, my girls get so hot and sweaty.

I buy dresses that are one piece, and at least 95% cotton only. Usually I order things from USA and have someone bring it to me.

BUT! This year it was impossible to find one piece cotton dresses that are not too light or white!

I very frequently post links for people here, but I’m sad to inform you that I’m out of ideas for you.

I got my daughters a couple of things from Kidichic before Pesach, but by now all of them are stained beyond hope, and some are already torn on the seams….

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:17 am
H&M, gap, zara

Jaybeechild.com
Pixielabel.com
are 60% off today.

throwaway

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:18 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Maniere is having a sale

Thanks! Do you know how their sizing runs?

throwaway

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:20 am
amother Celeste wrote:
I totally get it. I live in Israel, my girls get so hot and sweaty.

I buy dresses that are one piece, and at least 95% cotton only. Usually I order things from USA and have someone bring it to me.

BUT! This year it was impossible to find one piece cotton dresses that are not too light or white!

I very frequently post links for people here, but I’m sad to inform you that I’m out of ideas for you.

I got my daughters a couple of things from Kidichic before Pesach, but by now all of them are stained beyond hope, and some are already torn on the seams….

Thanks! I guess this is validating for me then! I might just end up getting her some dresses from KidiChic and know they won't last!

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:21 am
I buy my girls dresses from Kalmodestwear KMW pretty much every year on repeat. they are lightweight and my kids really like them better then other company's clothing. the downside is that they are kind of flimsy. not usually the type of dress you can pass down and I've had it ruined even within one season. like my dd got glue on her dress and when the teacher separated the pieces of the dress that got glued together a hole developed and yes they do rip at the seams but that might be par for the course for lightweight dresses. we use the holy ones for nightgowns Smile

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:21 am
These companies have some cute lightweight weekday dresses, but idk if you would call this affordable. Always check what the fabric is made up of.
https://bopopkids.com/collections/dresses
https://shopjarscollection.com.....age=1
https://shopjoropo.com/collections/kids-girls

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:22 am
throwaway wrote:
Thanks! Do you know how their sizing runs?

Unfortunately I found it a little inconsistent. Baby stretchies run small, the kids clothes run pretty true to size but I found the length on a dress from this season longer than previous seasons.

giftedmom

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:22 am
If they don’t have to cover her knees I get the 5-10$ H&M dresses with a white shell and no undershirt.
If knees are a requirement, check out websites that are having sales now. Many are 30 off. If you want one piece you’ll need to get from Frum brands like Lulu, petitclair, pastel etc.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:25 am
amother Chambray wrote:
I buy my girls dresses from Kalmodestwear KMW pretty much every year on repeat. they are lightweight and my kids really like them better then other company's clothing. the downside is that they are kind of flimsy. not usually the type of dress you can pass down and I've had it ruined even within one season. like my dd got glue on her dress and when the teacher separated the pieces of the dress that got glued together a hole developed and yes they do rip at the seams but that might be par for the course for lightweight dresses. we use the holy ones for nightgowns Smile

The fabrics on their dresses are poly and rayon. IMHO very sweaty fabrics for someone that runs hot. It might be comfortable but not breathable in heat.

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:41 am
amother Celeste wrote:
The fabrics on their dresses are poly and rayon. IMHO very sweaty fabrics for someone that runs hot. It might be comfortable but not breathable in heat.

I only buy the rayon ones. don't touch polyester sleeves in the summer
from online "Rayon vs cotton's breathability is a close call, rayon is fairly breathable like cotton (if only a little less so) but it's better at temperature regulation."
no idea if its true,

Bleemee

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:51 am
I think it’s more important to have fabric that’s breathable than fabric that’s more lightweight but not breathable.
Cotton all the way!

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:52 am
giftedmom wrote:
If they don’t have to cover her knees I get the 5-10$ H&M dresses with a white shell and no undershirt.
If knees are a requirement, check out websites that are having sales now. Many are 30 off. If you want one piece you’ll need to get from Frum brands like Lulu, petitclair, pastel etc.

H&M covers my girls knee's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics