Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
WH/Uniondale/Lynbrook/Malverne/Hempstead Area

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:33 pm
Hello to all my Long Island women! I am looking to move to the Uniondale or Lynbrook or West Hempstead or Malvern area, and I was wondering if there are certain streets or landmarks that I should center my search around. I am looking for at least a two bedroom apartment, and I really would like to be within the Jewish community. So walking distance to shuls, near grocery stores that have kosher sections, close to the community Mikva etc etc. any guidance in where I should look would be very much appreciated, thanks!

amother
Latte

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:02 pm
My in-laws live in W. Hempstead. It's a beautiful community. But from what I've heard there aren't many apartments for rent there.

amother
Green

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:38 am
There’s no Jewish community in Uniondale, lynbrook or Hempstead or malverne.
There’s currently very very few apartments. There is a development being built at the edge of west Hempstead heatherwoods with apartments but the same thing with the development across the street- it’s pretty expensive.
It’s on the edge as over Hempstead turnpike can’t be extended as part of erev.
West Hempstead goes into Franklin square which is part of the erev (you should be able to google the erev area.
Malverne is right next to west Hempstead but the highway is inbetween so it’s not included in the erev.

West Hempstead is just under 3sq miles so it’s not super large

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:53 am
What's bringing you to those areas? Why are you looking at them specifically?
Is it because of prices? Or something you need to be close to?
Besides for West Hempstead, the others are not frum areas at all.
If WH doesn't fit your bill, then maybe East Meadow? One town over from Uniondale, but has a fledgling, small frum community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating