Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Natural route for Pandas
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:20 pm
smushymushy wrote:
So you're saying I also need to do antibiotics?
You seem to be very knowledgeable...
I just don't know who to turn to... Lol I'm relying on what you're all saying in the thread to be keili and bitachon In Hashem
If this is a new onset or active flare I would definitely do either regular or herbal antibiotics, plus also something for inflammation either motrin/benadryl and/or turmeric or other herbal anti inflammatories. There is a really good herbal protocol from stephen buhner that addresses both the infection and the brain inflammation.

Echinacea isn't always the best choice with pandas because it sometimes boosts the immune system too much, leading to an increase in symptoms. But you can definitely try it, just keep an eye out for worsening symptoms or increased agitation.

I don't know what symptoms you're having but magnesium is incredible for relaxing the immune system and nervous system, we did both oral and topical and it really helped a lot.

L theanine is a good calming supplement because it boosts serotonin which helps balance out the excess dopamine in pandas which causes a lot of the issues.

Homeopathy has also been incredibly helpful for us. We use a virtual practice that specializes in pandas and pans called Resilience naturopathic.

If you are in Brooklyn and are looking for a good integrative pandas dr to guide you and are willing to pay oop, I can recommend someone.

smushymushy

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 12:22 am
Feverfew can you pm me? I can't figure out how to do it? I would love to talk to you over the phone if that would be possible

nnmom

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 12:54 am
smushymushy wrote:
Feverfew can you pm me? I can't figure out how to do it? I would love to talk to you over the phone if that would be possible

Have you seen improvement with the Bliss K 12’protocal since you started it?

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 8:35 am
smushymushy wrote:
I'd rather not out myself but I'm happy to answer any questions here so ask away 😊

smushymushy

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 7:19 pm
Ok
He definitely has had less frequent full blown attacks than a week ago.

I'm just confused because some moms said that bliss k 12 is enough without the antibiotics, so why feverfew do you say I also need something like that?
And if yes, do you have a natural antibiotic that is good - you said eccinacia isn't?

And what else did this natural doctor say, honestly can't afford now to pay thousands of dollars for something that's not even guaranteed to help

smushymushy

Post Sat, Jun 01 2024, 11:08 pm
Dearest Feverfew,

Very much at loss over here with out son.

I feel like I need some personal guidance with some very specific questions before putting out tons of money and paying oop,
and you seem so knowledgeable (as evident from that informative message you posted).

Would there be aby way in which you perhaps would consider a phone convo?

How about if I put up my number and you call me as PRIVATE CALLER..?

amother
Diamond

Post Sat, Jun 01 2024, 11:46 pm
I am by no means the expert, but I just read today about a similar story. Turns out she was on iron supplements that was blocking the antibiotics. I wonder if something like that could be the case...

smushymushy

Post Sat, Jun 01 2024, 11:51 pm
He's not taking anything else...

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 1:58 am
smushymushy wrote:
He's not taking anything else...

Did u test him for strep in last month?

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 6:52 am
smushymushy wrote:
Ok
He definitely has had less frequent full blown attacks than a week ago.

I'm just confused because some moms said that bliss k 12 is enough without the antibiotics, so why feverfew do you say I also need something like that?
And if yes, do you have a natural antibiotic that is good - you said eccinacia isn't?

And what else did this natural doctor say, honestly can't afford now to pay thousands of dollars for something that's not even guaranteed to help
Most kids with pandas will need a whole lot more than blisk12. That's just the reality.

I'm not sure which natural doctor you're referring to, and I completely understand not wanting to shell out hundreds for things that are not guaranteed to work.

It's just that with pandas unfortunately most parents find that there's going to be some level of trial and error, and yes, some money wasted trying to find the thing that work. Because every kid and every case is so different and every body responds differently to different interventions.

What I will say is whatever route you choose to take, the sooner and more aggressively you treat the better.

I completely understand the hesitation to put your child on long term antibiotics and motrin, but if that's what you can afford and you have access to, I would absolutely be doing that until I can get some other protocol together. The worst thing you can do is not treat at all, because the longer the inflammation in the brain goes on, the harder it will be to reverse. And sorry, just blisk12 alone is not considered sufficient treatment.

Would you be interested in reading books that can help you better understand what is happening in the body with pandas and ways to help? I found these 2 books extremely helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/Light-D.....r=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Demysti.....r=8-1

And here is a sample of a herbal protocol that can be really effective. The first herb works as an antibiotic to get rid of the infection, and the second and third work to take down inflammation in the brain. I always found this protocol works best after a month of regular antibiotics .

https://woodlandessence.com/pr....._ss=r

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 6:52 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Did u test him for strep in last month?
I agree that it's a good idea to see if there's an active strep infection and get him on antibiotics if needed.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 6:54 am
I used diff natural things for my pandas child and pans child. They helped in diff ways but energy healing (emotion code/body code) did the most.
I'm very interested though in these two supplements posted. I wonder if anyone gives both? Do you give both every day or the anti-inflammatory only when child is having a flare up?
Or better to try one thing at a time and see if it helps so I know what is helping?

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 7:15 am
amother Acacia wrote:
I used diff natural things for my pandas child and pans child. They helped in diff ways but energy healing (emotion code/body code) did the most.
I'm very interested though in these two supplements posted. I wonder if anyone gives both? Do you give both every day or the anti-inflammatory only when child is having a flare up?
Or better to try one thing at a time and see if it helps so I know what is helping?
Are you talking about blisk12 and turmeric? You can definitely give both, they so different things in the body. It's always a good idea to start 1 supplement at a time so you can see if there are any negative effects or if it's helping but especially with blisk12 I wouldn't necessarily stop if I didn't see it helping within a few days because it can take weeks/months for it to be doing enough in the body to make a difference in symptoms.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 9:31 am
amother Feverfew wrote:
Are you talking about blisk12 and turmeric? You can definitely give both, they so different things in the body. It's always a good idea to start 1 supplement at a time so you can see if there are any negative effects or if it's helping but especially with blisk12 I wouldn't necessarily stop if I didn't see it helping within a few days because it can take weeks/months for it to be doing enough in the body to make a difference in symptoms.

OK thank you! Excited to try it BE"H.

NotFunny

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 11:33 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I also started using this probiotic that has BlisK12 in it as well
https://marsmedsupply.com/prod.....76603

Does this need to be refrigerated?
And how long did you treat with this for recurrent strep?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics