Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Barber Prices - Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 12:57 pm
So, my local barbershop decided to give my wallet a workout by raising their prices yet again. Apparently, the cost of living has gone up, but so has the cost of getting a decent haircut!

I did some quick math and realized I could probably buy a fancy haircutting machine and become the Picasso of the boys haircuts. It might even pay for itself in a few weeks, but let's be real here - I'm about as skilled with scissors as a blindfolded toddler playing Operation. I tried to give my boys haircuts during the lockdown, but let's just say they won't let me try again.

So, now I'm on the hunt for a place in Lakewood where I can tame their shaggy heads without breaking the bank. Any recommendations that won't leave me penniless? Preferably under $30 a head, or else I might have to start a GoFundMe just to afford haircuts!

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:08 pm
Did you write the letter on the Lakewood scoop?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 1:42 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Did you write the letter on the Lakewood scoop?

Lol, no, that wasn’t me! But I do agree with every word he said. Apparently, there are still barbers out there who don’t charge an arm and a leg—at least, that's what the comments say. I'm pretty flexible with location; I don't need a fancy shmancy storefront. Just a decent haircut that doesn't make it look like I tried to cut it myself with kitchen scissors

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:35 pm
I just went to check out the letter. It says non Jewish barbers charge much less - why don’t you go to them? I happen to take my son to a super expensive barber ($45), but my son is autistic and this barber works wonders with him. So it’s worth it for me.

oneofakind

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:37 pm
If you go to a on Jewish Barber you have to watch that he doesn't cut the payos ( there are halachos about this but I'm sure you can learn) but I would totally do it.

oneofakind

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:38 pm
Non Jewish

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 2:40 pm
oneofakind wrote:
If you go to a on Jewish Barber you have to watch that he doesn't cut the payos ( there are halachos about this but I'm sure you can learn) but I would totally do it.

The non Jewish barbers in Lakewood know that they can’t cut off the payos. And you can tell them before what you want. In my experience they weren’t as good, but if you’re not picky, they’re fine.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:14 pm
I used to take my son to supercuts in Brick and they were fine. These days my husband cuts his hair (he’s a teenager now)

amother
Maize

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:20 pm
Anyone know how much mr clipper south is?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries