Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Music tonight?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 10:57 pm
I grew up not being allowed to listen to music lag baomer hit and need to wait until the day but I don’t know anyone who holds that.
What’s the source for music at night?

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:04 pm
Tonight and tomorrow you’re allowed.

benny

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:15 pm
I actually called a rav who said only tomorrow. Not tonight.

amother
Holly

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:17 pm
My rav said yes for tonight for litvish
He said chassidim don’t listen tonight

amother
Apple

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Holly wrote:

Of course chassidim listen tonight. So many chassidish shuls are currently having fires with music & dancing.
Chassidim also have weddings both nights of lag baomer.

amother
Daisy

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:20 pm
amother Holly wrote:

Don't believe that is accurate. I am chassidish and keep all chassidish Minhagim.
My daughter is in a Litvish high school and learned last week that it is not permitted to listen to music in your own home M"SHabbos (tonight) but it's fine to go to a public gathering with music... (This was my first time hearing such a thing....)

My dh is on his way to a bonfire with live music at his chassidish rebbe....

amother
Natural

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:21 pm
My rav (litvish) says no music tonight.
Chasidim do have music tonight

amother
Strawberry

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:29 pm
I also remember learning that but DH never heard of it and said I’m probably mixing up with 9 days. He also pointed out all the bonfires tonight with live music.

amother
Almond

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:50 pm
This should probably be a spinoff, but I love when litvaks "chassidishsplain" stuff for us. Enjoy the bonfires and music everyone! Don't forget to wear any new clothes you need to באניי if that's your custom. And to remind your husbands/sons to cut their hair and trim their beard/mustache (those who do it officially and unofficially 🤣)

amother
Charcoal

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:58 pm
It depends on whether you hold half or whole. If you hold just the first half , then there is a din of miktzas hayom k’kulo / part of the day is like a whole so you don’t listen to night but you can tomorrow . However, my son asked his Rebbi who explained that if you are joining a hilula event the. You may listen to/ dance to music lkoved rashbi
You may not just listen to music . As always ask you lor

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:00 am
amother Almond wrote:
This should probably be a spinoff, but I love when litvaks "chassidishsplain" stuff for us. Enjoy the bonfires and music everyone! Don't forget to wear any new clothes you need to באניי if that's your custom. And to remind your husbands/sons to cut their hair and trim their beard/mustache (those who do it officially and unofficially 🤣)

I’m glad you have an amother radar that detects who belongs to which group. LOL

little neshamala

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:56 am
Our Rav (yeshivish) said music tomorrow morning, not tonight

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 2:23 am
I think a lot of people just don't know the halacha. Obviously there can be different poskim saying different things but most people don't ask.
Litvish here. We are not allowed to stam listen to music on lag baomer night, but if you're going to a bonfire/hilula it's allowed. The day is ok.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 3:03 am
Idk, the second it was Mtzshb I turned on loud music, and me and my kids danced for hours. They are little and miss music so much. We dance often in my house, but not in Sefiras Haomer. Didn’t ask no Rav, TYVM.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 3:40 am
Sephardim hold the day after lag baomer, but you can listen to music if you go to a bon fire.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 3:48 am
amother Holly wrote:

He most likely said the opposite. We're litvish but our OOT community has adopted the chassidish minhag of doing a bonfire with music. Our Rav wasn't that excited but the kids need it. Otherwise they would go to other lag baomer celebrations which are problematic.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 7:22 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
I think a lot of people just don't know the halacha. Obviously there can be different poskim saying different things but most people don't ask.
Litvish here. We are not allowed to stam listen to music on lag baomer night, but if you're going to a bonfire/hilula it's allowed. The day is ok.

This rings a bell. I think we told of this too. (Chabad)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 7:28 am
We don't listen Lag B'omer night. We keep first half.
I agree with the poster that most people don't actually learn halacha and what they should do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days