Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/O In Laws Room
1  2  Next

Does your mother in law let you into her bedroom?
Yes  
 76%  [ 144 ]
No  
 23%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 189

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:35 am
I'm just curious- looking at the other post. How many of you are allowed into your mother in law's room.
Mine would never let me in. I haven't ever made a decision about letting her into mine because she would never think of going into mine.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:39 am
I voted no because while she doesn’t let, since she got sick she has had to let people in to help her out. I’ve only seen her room for the first time two months ago and this is after being married 7 years

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:41 am
I go into my Mil's room. Found it strange at first because my parents room was strictly off limits.
She's been in my room when I'm pp, but otherwise not.
Never been an issue that she allows and I don't, we're all allowed to have our own rules.

I've never allowed my dils to come in my room, and have never asked or expected to go in theirs.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:41 am
When I got married, my in laws had a problem in the main bathroom shower and everyone had to shower in the master bathroom. It made me uncomfortable whenevet we stayed over because I grew up in a home where my parents room was off limits (you needed a good reason to go in, and only with permission). But different strokes for different folks. (But it also meant that she didn't see my room as off limits which I have found uncomfortable at times.)

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:42 am
I've seen her room once

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:52 am
Married a couple of years, I have never seen my ils master bedroom. They moved recently so I guess I will never know what that room looked like. As for the new house, I guess I will see when we visit for the first time and mil shows us around if she skips her room (which I would totally be ok with)

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:52 am
My parents room was a permission only when we were younger.
My in-laws I can go on but just find it uncomfortable to do so. And really no reason to.

hodeez

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:54 am
She has brought me in there a few times asking my opinion of what she should wear or to see her new wardrobe. Nbd

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:59 am
I've gone in to nurse. Other bedrooms are bochurim's.
When I'm PP everyone ends up coming in to mine. Easier than me going out.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:20 am
My mother in in law is divorced, and she offers to move out of her room so she can host 2 couples at a time, and she sleeps on a pull out couch in a "closed makeshift living room"
My siblings in laws definitely take her up on her offer and have stayed there many times. I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER stay there. I would rather not go, or stay by a neighbor. My husband is in complete agreement.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:20 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm just curious- looking at the other post. How many of you are allowed into your mother in law's room.
Mine would never let me in. I haven't ever made a decision about letting her into mine because she would never think of going into mine.

We have slept in their room before. But that’s not the norm. And other times they had us use their shower in their room.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:23 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
My parents room was a permission only when we were younger.
My in-laws I can go on but just find it uncomfortable to do so. And really no reason to.

So funny, because I grew up having schmooze parties in my parents room, we would all hang out and talk about the day, what family events were coming up...I have such good memories.
My father actually says that he grew up never going into his parents room. But he actually likes how we all hang out and talk.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:25 am
I don’t have this very private room culture in my family

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:27 am
I have never seen my in laws room and never will. It's like they don't even have a room!

My husband has been in there once or twice.

They wouldn't dream of checking out our room, even when we're guests over at them and they need an emergency item of clothing for my kids, they would rather run out and buy diapers or something then take the diapers that they put in our room before we arrived to them.

Honestly, all this secrecy makes me a little uncomfortable. I don't need to see their room but my room is not a state secret. It's like the subject is off limits too. Pretty weird. They're very private people.

amother
Brass

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:27 am
Married 10 years never set foot in my in-laws master bedroom

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:33 am
Ive been in my in laws room. No issue.
Ive been in my parents room. Sometimes growing up I folded laundry in there.
And my parents and my mother on law have been in mine. Its just not a big deal to me.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:35 am
Yes, but she lets the whole world in. I often come over to find the neighbors kids hanging out in her bed. So what she does is not relevant to what I do.

kenz

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:38 am
My kids hang out in my room, I wouldn’t want them to think it was off limits. I went into my parents room if there was a reason or I needed something and same with in-laws. I wouldn’t hang out there now but there’s no major prohibition involved.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:52 am
tichellady wrote:
I don’t have this very private room culture in my family

I don't know if I would neccesarily call it private culture by us.
Meaning, at my parents house we all sit on their beds and hangout but in law children don't go in there.
I'll shmooze with my mother in law about something right outside the door of her room and she'll say ok let me just get something, go in, close the door, and come right out with it. My husband goes into her room plenty.
She barely comes to visit us unfortunately but the subject has not come up when she is here.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:01 pm
When I was Newley engaged my mil brought me to her bedroom to show me different options of jewelry she got me, I remember feeling so awkward!! But now it’s chill and have no problem going in UNLESS I know my fil might be in there
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette