Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Guidelines for teenagers mp3, & mp3 with radio use?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:32 pm
Curious what other parents do? I guess it's relevant that, you could we're to the right of modern, or to the left of a more yeshivish community, sort of a blend here.

Kids in their hs are a mix, some with no tech, some even with smartphones that have wifi blocks & whatnot.
DC doesn't have a phone yet at all, but curioys just about accessing music - They have 2 mp3 players, a regular one, & one with a.m. f.m. radio.

Especially due to some new friends this past year who have more access to secular music, my teen has gotten become more into secular music over the past year.

Dh & I aren't sure what rules to have, caring to be careful to not overly shelter which we feel could have a rebound effect. And as the saying goes "stolen waters taste sweeter", so we don't want to be too strict when they're so interested in it. But we're concerned about accessing radio at night, is it as bad as the internet?

One idea is that the radio accessible one needs to be put away, perhaps charging in the kitchen by a certain evening time, as they're just listening with ear buds & have no idea what they're listening to.

But the regular mp3. Do others limit use to up until a certain time?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children