Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Bracha Jaffe concert on Lag Baomer
1  2  Next

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:09 pm
Did anyone go?

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:25 pm
Yes my girls

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:06 pm
I went! Besides for the late start it was great!

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I went! Besides for the late start it was great!

She's talented but the late start was really unacceptable šŸ˜‘ it was like 2 hours late. I was so disappointed.
We ended up leaving early because the kids were so fed up by the time it finally started.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:19 pm
CPenzias wrote:
She's talented but the late start was really unacceptable šŸ˜‘ it was like 2 hours late. I was so disappointed.
We ended up leaving early because the kids were so fed up by the time it finally started.

It was quite ridiculous.
I feel like they could have had some sort of kumzitz or something. Or said the tehillim while we were waiting.
We were all starving by the time we got home.
But it was a really fun concert- my kids had a great time

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:19 pm
My girls came home famished! And yes they packed food but they didnā€™t think they will still be there by supper time! And she started way more than two hours lateā€¦ they said was a lot of yelling there NOT OK!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:21 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
My girls came home famished! And yes they packed food but they didnā€™t think they will still be there by supper time! And she started way more than two hours lateā€¦ they said was a lot of yelling there NOT OK!

We finished all the food I brought before the first hour of waiting lol
What did they mean by yelling?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:21 pm
It was really weird.
I wonder what happened

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:22 pm
What happened? Why did it start so late?

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:23 pm
It was really weird.
I wonder what happened

Me too. They said mike issue. I don't think so. I'm thinking wardrobe malfunction or something šŸ¤”

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Trillium wrote:

So I'm not the only one who thought they should have passed out snacks or something?
It was very upsetting. I felt like my time wasn't valued at all. It's going to be a long time till I go to another one of her concerts if at all.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:25 pm
We finished all the food I brought before the first hour of waiting lol
What did they mean by yelling?

A lot of overbooked seats and they said they redid a lot of seats because they moved everyone down so they donā€™t need to open balcony I understand she didnā€™t sell enough tickets to open up the balcony but they should have figured this out befor not while everyone was there they knew what was soldā€¦.

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
A lot of overbooked seats and they said they redid a lot of seats because they moved everyone down so they donā€™t need to open balcony I understand she didnā€™t sell enough tickets to open up the balcony but they should have figured this out befor not while everyone was there they knew what was soldā€¦.

Agreed. It was a mess. People were sitting wherever and told to move. I didn't understand.
It was really disorganized to a point of comical but really aggravating

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:12 pm
CPenzias wrote:
Me too. They said mike issue. I don't think so. I'm thinking wardrobe malfunction or something šŸ¤”

They would have made us wait for a wardrobe malfunction? I don't thinks so
And the mikes were clearly not working.
She didn't even realize at first

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:18 pm
They would have made us wait for a wardrobe malfunction? I don't thinks so
And the mikes were clearly not working.
She didn't even realize at first

Yet I got there before 1 and they didn't let us in till 1:30. She was practicing and you could hear the mikes.
I'm just speculating that it wasn't the mikes and it was something else. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, we waited over 2 hours for it to start and didn't even enjoy it by then because the kids were so fed up. It was an underwhelming experience

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:21 pm
We loved it. I was actually really impressed with the crowd. I saw very little frustration around me despite the extended wait.
We also left before the end because we needed to get to our babysitter. It was a little disappointing for the girls but it is what it is.
The mics did seem to be malfunctioning. Morah Tziri tried coming up a few times to speak.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:22 pm
The ticket sales were doing extremely poorly
Probably related to that
As of last night maybe a 1/3 of the tickets were sold and they were struggling to even get to that point.
I think the timing was just not great, lag beomer Sunday by day is usually family time and people have other events to go to.
I feel bad but I think it was a bit daring to do 2 concerts in one year and hope tickets will sell out in a minute.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:28 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
We loved it. I was actually really impressed with the crowd. I saw very little frustration around me despite the extended wait.
We also left before the end because we needed to get to our babysitter. It was a little disappointing for the girls but it is what it is.
The mics did seem to be malfunctioning. Morah Tziri tried coming up a few times to speak.

I thought the same about the crowd. It was hard but everyone was trying to make the best of it.

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:

I did see that. It just didn't make sense. When something like that happens they should have given out a snack or something. It was a bit ridiculous. I've never experienced something like this. Why wasn't the system tested?

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:32 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
The ticket sales were doing poorly
Probably related to that
As of last night maybe a 1/3 of the tickets were sold and they were struggling to even get to that point.
I think the timing was just not great, lag beomer Sunday by day is usually family time and people have other events to go to.
I feel bad but I think it was a bit daring to do 2 concerts in one year and hope tickets will sell out in a minute.

That's sad but the people who WERE there should have been appreciated no? I was disappointed. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I saw that the crowd made the best of it and that was very nice but....
Anyway, I appreciate the validation. Thank you. I'm not looking to start a bash on this singer. She's beautiful and has a beautiful voice. I was just disappointed šŸ˜ž ā¤ļø I wish her a lot of hatzlacha
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics