Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen girls vaping 😢
Previous  1  2

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:52 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
So you're essentially saying you don't actually care about the health concern of vaping but rather what your community has dictated that it means. They've told you for boys it's just to be expected and for girls it means she's heading in all sorts of terrible directions.

THIS.

GLUE

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:58 pm
Years ago there was a fiction( at least I think it was fiction)story in some Jewish rag.
A girl only wanted to marry a smoker after the wedding her new husband found out that she smoked and went nuts on how he did not want a wife that smoked. Don't remember the rest.

There was another thread here on how boys in Shidduchim were saying how it's OK to lie that their friend vapes because the girls don't mind it's only the parents.
I wonder if you ask the same boys if they would be OK marring a girl that vapes. Would they be OK that everyone is lying about their would be wife that she does not vape because "nobody minds only the parents"?

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:04 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
So sad to hear this.

I guess until now, girls vaping or smoking was socially unacceptable which made for healthier mothers and less addiction. Once we normalize it, there is no way back.

The struggle is hard enough for our boys.

It's still pretty socially unacceptable.... Let's not pretend this is the new normal. Most girls I know think vaping is gross and wouldn't even date a guy who vapes let alone get into it themselves.

small bean

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:06 pm
The vaping is out of control.

My son was telling me about a family that sells vaping products to anyone that knocks on the door. The mother of the home does a lot of the selling. I wa so horrified that I told him I'm staging a women's protest outside the home.

zaq

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:01 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
I do not.
If girls will be future mothers boys will be future fathers. I don't understand why they are put to different standards.
I think it's unhealthy to vape for any gender. But to cry over seeing girls vaping while yeshivish boys get a big pass that doesn't make sense.
. Hear, hear.

As someone once said, if it's inappropriate for women, it's inappropriate.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:03 pm
Is there any way to know if your child is vaping?

zaq

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:08 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
. You wanna change the world?

And why not? The fact that you are now allowed to vote, open a bank account, get a credit card, and buy a house in your own name and needing no permission from your husband or father is owing to women who wanted to change the world, and did. The fact that you were not only allowed but expected to get a Jewish education was due to a woman who wanted to change the world and did. Need I go on?

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:09 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Is there any way to know if your child is vaping?

No, unless you see the vape or them using it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children