Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Easiest Cheesecake recipes please!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:49 pm
Both dairy and parve. Ones that you pour into a ready Graham cracker crust. Tried and true. Ty

Sebastian

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:03 pm
8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 c sugar

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:12 pm
This is for both milchig cream cheese and pareve cream cheese:
1 cup sugar
2 containers cream cheese (8 oz)
3 eggs

Pour into pie crust. Decorate after baked.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:25 pm
2 containers 8 Oz solid cream cheese blocks
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla
1 Graham pie crust.

I changed it to 8 oz cream cheese and 8 Oz farmer cheese to be a little less fattening.
Tastes the same.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:32 pm
This is super easy and delicious. I’ve made with fat free “cream cheese” before and it’s still really good. Can put m&ms or something like that in to give it an extra umph or right before you serve pour pie filling on top like cherry or blueberry

1 lb cream cheese (cream with sugar)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 graham cracker crust

Bake at 350 for at least 20 minutes.

Pareve no bake:

2 pkgs Tofutti cream cheese
¾ c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 graham crust.

Freeze. Defrost before serving. (Can also pour pie filling on top before serving).

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
This is super easy and delicious. I’ve made with fat free “cream cheese” before and it’s still really good. Can put m&ms or something like that in to give it an extra umph or right before you serve pour pie filling on top like cherry or blueberry

1 lb cream cheese (cream with sugar)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 graham cracker crust

Bake at 350 for at least 20 minutes.

Pareve no bake:

2 pkgs Tofutti cream cheese
¾ c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 graham crust.

Freeze. Defrost before serving. (Can also pour pie filling on top before serving).

Which brand makes kosher fat free cream cheese

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 8:51 pm
Sebastian wrote:
8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 c sugar

does it have to block cream cheese or can it be whipped? I don't have a milchigs mixer

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
does it have to block cream cheese or can it be whipped? I don't have a milchigs mixer

Personally, I would use the recipe that's at the back of a Philadelphia cream cheese package...which is easily converted to chalav Yisrael cream cheese.
https://www.chefsresource.com/.....cake/

perquacky

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:15 pm
https://www.bonappetit.com/

No crust. After years of making classic (and delicious!) cheesecakes, I found this recipe last year. My family absolutely loved it.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:32 pm
amother Orchid wrote:

I can’t remember but it’s not cholov yisroel if that makes a difference…it’s not officially called cream cheese as legally it can’t be with no fat but it’s sold right next to all the cream cheeses and looks the same

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 11:56 pm
perquacky wrote:
https://www.bonappetit.com/

No crust. After years of making classic (and delicious!) cheesecakes, I found this recipe last year. My family absolutely loved it.

Your link took me to Bon appetit but it didn’t give me the cheesecake recipe you liked. Bon appetit has a lot of cheesecakes. There was a crustless basque cheesecake made with cream cheese and heavy cream, a crustless Japanese cheesecake and many more. Do you want to share the recipe your family loved?

amother
Bone

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:13 am
Easiest recipe, which only applies to us who eat chalav stam.
Go to Costco and buy one.

perquacky

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:15 am
Oops. Sorry. It's the Basque Burnt Cheesecake.

Unsalted butter (for pan)
2 lb. cream cheese, room temperature
1½ cups sugar
6 large eggs
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
A 10\"-diameter springform pan

Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 400°. Butter pan, then line with 2 overlapping 16x12\" sheets of parchment, making sure parchment comes at least 2\" above top of pan on all sides. Because the parchment needs to be pleated and creased in some areas to fit in pan, you won’t end up with a clean, smooth outer edge to the cake; that’s okay! Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-low speed, scraping down sides of bowl, until very smooth, no lumps remain, and sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
Increase speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, beating each egg 15 seconds before adding the next. Scrape down sides of bowl, then reduce mixer speed to medium-low. Add cream, salt, and vanilla and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
Turn off mixer and sift flour evenly over cream cheese mixture using a fine-mesh sieve. Beat on low speed until incorporated, about 15 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl (yet again) and continue to beat until batter is very smooth, homogenous, and silky, about 10 seconds.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake cheesecake until deeply golden brown on top and still very jiggly in the center, 60–65 minutes.
Let cool slightly (it will fall drastically as it cools), then unmold. Let cool completely. Carefully peel away parchment from sides of cheesecake. Slice into wedges and serve at room temperature. Do Ahead: Cheesecake be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Be sure to let cheesecake sit for several hours at room temperature to remove chill before serving.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:10 am
amother Orchid wrote:

There is no such thing as far free cream cheese AFAIK.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:50 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
There is no such thing as far free cream cheese AFAIK.

Right that’s why I said it’s legally not called cream cheese. Kind of like how low fat mayonnaise will say mayonnaise dressing or low fat ice cream will say frozen dessert.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:00 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
I can’t remember but it’s not cholov yisroel if that makes a difference…it’s not officially called cream cheese as legally it can’t be with no fat but it’s sold right next to all the cream cheeses and looks the same

I have never been able to find (don't need chalav yisroel). Only one I've ever seen is Walmart brand, but I live in a city and don't have access to Walmart. If you can find me the brand that is kosher, I would be grateful and look for it.

mommyhood

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:24 am
amother Tomato wrote:

Do you have a blender/smoothie maker. I make my cheesecake mixture in there. You can use whipped cream cheese either way but no matter which type you use it comes out much creamier if you don’t just mix by hand.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
I have never been able to find (don't need chalav yisroel). Only one I've ever seen is Walmart brand, but I live in a city and don't have access to Walmart. If you can find me the brand that is kosher, I would be grateful and look for it.

I don’t know where you live and what you have access to. Just googled and besides Walmart I saw Harris teeter and Kroger brand. I remember I can’t find it in store every year like I don’t even see it on my Walmart app now. I’ll be on the lookout in stores and if I see another brand I’ll post it.

Update: I got at wegmans today (their brand). Surprisingly called “fat free cream cheese”. Was super cheap (1.36/brick) with a sign that says it’s being discontinued so hopefully next year something else will be available…

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 2:51 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
2 containers 8 Oz solid cream cheese blocks
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla
1 Graham pie crust.

I changed it to 8 oz cream cheese and 8 Oz farmer cheese to be a little less fattening.
Tastes the same.

How long do you bake this for?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
How long do you bake this for?

About 45+ minutes.

The top should be mostly set.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics