Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
OT or MSW jobs in Israel - please advise

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:29 pm
If someone got their Doctor of OT degree or an MSW degree in the states, what does that mean for possible employment in Israel? If the girl is considering Aliya in the future, when married etc. Trying to understand what her options might be. Very much appreciate any advice and guidance!
Tia

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 9:34 pm
Bumping this as I just graduated with my MSW and would love to see if I could get a job in Israel- but have no idea where to even start. I would love to work at a seminary. I sent my resume that I know of, but they are all set for this coming year.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 9:43 pm
I have no actual experience, but I have been researching. Regarding OT, it appears that an OT is an undergraduate degree in Israel and for a regular job, pay is about 30 shekel and hour. It doesn’t matter if you have an advanced degree from the States and the job doesn’t require one and your reimbursement/salary will not reflect one. If you can get private work, it is whatever you can get your clients to pay.

Someone please tell me I am wrong.

Would also love to hear about getting a OT degree in Israel if you already have an undergraduate degree from the US.

I would be very appreciative of all and any information.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 9:55 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
I have no actual experience, but I have been researching. Regarding OT, it appears that an OT is an undergraduate degree in Israel and for a regular job, pay is about 30 shekel and hour. It doesn’t matter if you have an advanced degree from the States and the job doesn’t require one and your reimbursement/salary will not reflect one. If you can get private work, it is whatever you can get your clients to pay.

Would also love to hear about getting a OT degree in Israel if you already have an undergraduate degree from the US.

If you work in the school system as an OT you get paid equivalent to a special ed teachers wage. When I lived there ten years ago I think I got 55 shekel an hour.
I also saw patient privately and virtually

Dolly151

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:42 pm
Private OTs make good money in Israel. They also work for a kupa usually. I think it's in the 250 nis range per session

LovesHashem

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:50 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:

Whatever you read must be super old because minimum wage has been 29 for a while and just rose to 32 or 33. Daycare workers with no degrees make 35/40....

learning1

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 1:46 pm
You'll need to get your undergrad recognised in Israel, the info is here
https://students.education.gov.....ation
All qualified OT's are registered on a list that anyone can access (as are social workers and psychologists and perhaps some other professions).
Then you can do a Master's, I suppose.

Dolly151

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:47 am
Don't get discouraged by the rate they pay when working for a clinic. Most ppl go private with therapies and are willing to pay a "private" price for a good service. Assuming you're good, you can make a nice salary

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:19 am
Dolly151 wrote:
Don't get discouraged by the rate they pay when working for a clinic. Most ppl go private with therapies and are willing to pay a "private" price for a good service. Assuming you're good, you can make a nice salary

I'm curious where you live that most people go private for therapies. While that is often true, in my experience, with emotional therapies and psychotherapy, I have not seen that with therapies such as OT. There is strong OT availability through the health care system and education system, which covers most cases of need. People who can afford to pay private and don't want to be at the mercy of the public health system as far as choosing their therapist or waiting for an opening, may choose to go private, but I don't think it's the majority. I don't know of too many OTs working privately in my area.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:23 am
I will echo above. In my community, people are happy to go out of network for mental health, but definitely not PT/OT/RD/SLP. They also always want a MD who takes their insurance.

Dolly151

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:01 am
In beit shemesh the wait for an OT to see your kid, is moths long though meuchedet.
And this is after waiting ages for an ivchun. Maybe it's just been my luck. But all my friends pay private for speech for sure. They said it's not worth the shlep/wait thru the kupa for mediocre services. We have an OT ivchun done for my kid in January. I'm still waiting on the list for OT services

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:29 pm
Dolly151 wrote:
In beit shemesh the wait for an OT to see your kid, is moths long though meuchedet.
And this is after waiting ages for an ivchun. Maybe it's just been my luck. But all my friends pay private for speech for sure. They said it's not worth the shlep/wait thru the kupa for mediocre services. We have an OT ivchun done for my kid in January. I'm still waiting on the list for OT services

So are you paying privately or waiting ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions