Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Was Palin's speech a success?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Was Palin's speech a success?
Yes, now McCain is in his way to the White House.  
 89%  [ 65 ]
No, McCain has now lost all chances of winning.  
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 73

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 11:02 pm
John Edwards was a personal injury lawyer who made his big bucks off suing OB's loooooooong before he was a politician. Enough said.

Secbeb

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 11:09 pm
chavamom wrote:
John Edwards was a personal injury lawyer who made his big bucks off suing OB's loooooooong before he was a politician. Enough said.
What's your point? He gets a clean slate when he becomes a politician. . .? I was aware that he wasn't a senator when he was suing OBs.
Personal Injury law - noble profession there. Leads perfectly into sleazy politics, I'd say.

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 11:27 pm
Secbeb wrote:

Personal Injury law - noble profession there. Leads perfectly into sleazy politics, I'd say.

I meant that he was plenty sleazy before he ever entered politics.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 4:38 am
Secbeb wrote:
I have no idea what kind of personal injury law Edwards did, but personal injury law doesn't always equal sleaziness -- that was one of my first husband's specialties when he was starting out, and he was far from sleazy. Small point here, but I feel obligated to make it.

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 4:57 am
Kinneret wrote:

Quote:
I am more comfortable with that then with the people espoused by Wright.

That's fine because it is your prerogative. I am much less comfortable with the idea of a VP who attends a church were people who think Arab terrorists are doing G-d's work by killing Jews are invited to speak, and she doesn't speak out against it.
are we jews so much better? do we never say "That happened because hashem was punishing them for that?" I have definitely heard some rabbanim say that about the holocaust. I've heard rabbanim say that about people in their history. To basically say "everything that happens is god's doing" and then trying to find the reason is definitely different than saying "Go kill the infidels".

Kinneret

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 7:32 am
Seraph wrote:
Kinneret wrote:

Quote:
I am more comfortable with that then with the people espoused by Wright.

That's fine because it is your prerogative. I am much less comfortable with the idea of a VP who attends a church were people who think Arab terrorists are doing G-d's work by killing Jews are invited to speak, and she doesn't speak out against it.
are we jews so much better? do we never say "That happened because hashem was punishing them for that?" I have definitely heard some rabbanim say that about the holocaust. I've heard rabbanim say that about people in their history. To basically say "everything that happens is god's doing" and then trying to find the reason is definitely different than saying "Go kill the infidels".

Are you saying you don't see a difference between a Jew saying "everything that happens is G-d's doing" and a Christian saying "The Arab terrorists killed Jews because the Jews haven't converted to Christianity?"

I agree with you last sentence, but I think there is something profoundly wrong when the answer one comes up with is "It happened because Jews aren't converting to Christianity," and I've not heard anyone claim Rev. Wright said "Go kill the infidels," and Rev. Wright is the point of comparison here.

dveikus

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 9:17 am
Mama Bear wrote:
watched it on wcbs880.com. her family is ADORABLE; did anyone catch Piper slicking down Trig's hair with her saliva? lol!!! and of couerse suddenly Levi Johnston is part of the family, holding Bristol's hand the whole time... they were just all adorable.

I know, I've really fallen in love with Piper. I loved how she was signaling with her hand for her siblings to stand up when her mother introduced them during the speech. She's a real cutie!

I've also love Sarah Palin and her whole family, which puts me in a paradox. Part of me really wants to see her win, but the other part of me knows, McCain's politics will be the same as Bush's - he voted with Bush 90% of the time. And Palin's politics are just as bad. But she's just so likeable. That's why I feel torn.

Anyway, she's running for vice president. It isn't a popularity contest. I have to keep reminding myself of that! Smile

BTW, did you notice how Levi Johnston looked awfully uncomfortable? LOL

shayna82

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 9:20 am
and I have to say under the catergory of popularity contest. this was just mckains idea of getting ahead of the race . getting a women to run with him, a women who is pretty and has a family bla bla bla. im gettnig tired of seeing her on the covers of magazines with all the celebritys of hollywood as if they are both on the same level. they are not. not even close. this isnt americas next top president.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics