Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Any tips on toilet training

koolmother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 4:13 pm
I have a 2.6 DD and im trying to toilet train her and when I take her diaper off we take her to the bathroom but she doesnt make and then when she has an accident she gets all excited she thinks the point is to just not make in the diaper but as soon as she has an accident she tells me.

any tips on how to toilet train a girl

zigi

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 4:20 pm
I am finnishing up training dd. get your dd used to the potty when she manages to make inside it praise her, if she makes 1 & 2 you can start to train. if you have the koach you can do the no bottoms approach. this can take a while though. they say 3 days but it took longer than that. you can take her every 2 hours or more often as needed. she will get used to going. also its good to have a potty that she can get to by herself she can feel more in charge. also she might start to go when she feels she needs to. good luck!

happymom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 5:16 pm
to wait... alots of kids arent ready till almost or at three. my daughter was toilet trained in one day the day she turned three and barely ever has had accidents because she was fully ready for it. when they are ready, you just know.

I would just intruduce the potty, buy underwear and books about the potty, talk about it sometimes how big girls use the potty and when she is ready she will let u knoiw

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 5:19 pm
go shopping with her to buy cutsie panties ... and never look back at the diaper ... sit her down before and after naps - before and after eating - before and after leaving and returning ... and many times in between ... praise her each time she goes ... and have her help you wash the undies in the sink when she pees on them (throw em in the machine after for a full wash)

when she perfects the daytime - start night training ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics