Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
BD"E- Alta Bobove Rebetzin is niftar

funny50

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 11:10 pm
Alta Bobove Rebetzin is Rebitzin Feida Halberstam, wife or Reb Shlome Halberstam zt"l

bashinda

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 11:13 pm
Baruch Dayan Emes

Cdlf

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:11 am
Can somebody explain to me who she was and who the 2 rebbes are today. Please no politics or anything personal or loshon horah. Just plain facts of who's who and what the difference in opinions are.

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:16 am
After R' Shlomo ztl was niftar his oldest son took over R' Naftula - when he died (he has no sons) his son-in-law- R' Morchechai Dovid took over and a brother of R' Naftula - R' Ben Zion - those are the two parties. Please no politics here. these are the simple facts.

Cdlf

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:21 am
So it's an uncle and nephew today? I'm just curious if the old Rebbe left in his Tzavaa which one should be the next Rebbe. Again no politics just a question here.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:21 am
BDE Sad
I think my grandfather knew her husband, certainly her father in law.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the young generation, difr.

Crayon210

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:28 am
difr wrote:
So it's an uncle and nephew today? I'm just curious if the old Rebbe left in his Tzavaa which one should be the next Rebbe. Again no politics just a question here.

You'll probably get different answers from people on different sides of the debate, but obviously things weren't so clear if there's an actual difference of opinions.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:30 am
Actually R' Benzion and R' Naftuli were only half brothers. This rebetzin was R' shlomos second wife and only the mother of R' benzion.

Quote:
I'm just curious if the old Rebbe left in his Tzavaa which one should be the next Rebbe. Again no politics just a question here.

That is the source of the whole conflict. I dont think in the tzavaa it said anything, but there are those that claim that he told this wife that her son would take over.

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:36 am
it's always a loss for the community when older rebbetzins pass away ... sorry to hear BDE

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:39 am
No written tzava'a. if there would be a tzava'a there wouldnt two parties.

bashinda

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 6:43 pm
Hamodia has a short article in the USA edition this week probably other editions as well. They say they are going to do a later edition.

Rav Shloime, zt"l was married to Rebbetzin Blima Rochel and had three children with her, Rav Naftuli, Mordche Dovid, and Henchi. Rebbetzin Blima Rochel, Mordche Dovid and Henchi were all killed in the holocaust, HY"D. Rav Naftuli as someone else said became Rebbe after Rav Shloime.

Rav Shloime then remarried and had 6 children with Rebbetzin Frieda who was just nifter. One of the children is Rebbetzin Sarah Meisels who has talked about the importance of saying amen.

There are couple of videos on You Tube one with Rav Shloime doing a mitzvah tantz at a chassuna (an einekel's I think)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics