Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help! school is affecting my weight loss efforts!

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 4:36 pm
I'm taking one semester. All I want to do is eat when I do homework. And I'm confusing tiredness with hunger. Aaaaaargh, I hate this!

I HATE SCHOOL! There, I said it! I used to be a fantastic student back in the day, but now I think I developed some sort of adhd and I'm soooo bored or have no patience. blech, blech, blech. I guess kids can do that to you.

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 4:37 pm
And did I mention- ALL I WANT TO DO IS EAT!!!!!!!!!!

whenever I'm in school I have this desire for food...

april

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 8:36 pm
Can you take something healthy with you to your classes or when you do homework, like baby carrots or tomatoes? At least you can't gain a lot of weight with those kinds of foods. Or perhaps you could find something else to do to distract you - like doodle when you are bored or listen to music when you are doing your homework.

mommalah

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:18 pm
Make going to sleep as early as possible a Priority!
There have been studies done to confirm many peoples' assumptions that we make unhealthy (or downright bad) food choices when we are hungry. I remember reading that when one is sleep deprived they make less of the hormone that lets you know that you are full and more of the hormone that tells you you are hungry.

NativeMom

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:24 pm
I hate school too! I used to snack on pretzels whenever I was doing homework or studying. now I just drink A LOT, usually diet snapple or coffee which I know isn't the best choice. I also chew gum. Like april said, try to find something that you can do to get your mind off of eating.

SingALong

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 11:57 pm
from the beginning to the end of class I could totally snack the whole time...so I started buying blueberries on the way to school @ fruit stand. or brought rice cakes to class. I definitely ate healthier if I prepared and brought my stuff to class/study time than if I waited till I was desparate to eat and then grabbed whatever food I see.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise