Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
I get a mazel tov
Previous  1  2

mimivan

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:30 am
Mazal Tov..may they build a binyan adi ad (an everlasting edifice)

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:31 am
hila wrote:
Mazal tov.
Come to me for any "advice" my son's wedding is in 2 weeks iyH !

Mazel Tov!

Just let me know what our traditional responsiblities are pre-wedding. Her mother is having an engagement party Wednesday, am I suppose to have a party for my son as well?
What else?

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:47 am
You get to host the Shabbat Chatan! Ask Hila Very Happy

hila

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 3:03 am
We had a "vort" with just the parents, then invited neighbours for a lechaim afterwards.

Then 2 weeks later There was just one party - for all there friends in her town . Only our immediate family were tehre and lots of young peple. They danced and sang (with mechitsa of course)

Since they have very little space - we agreed the shabbat sheva brachot would be in our town, and anyway they did not want a tradiional Aufruf . Fine by me I thought.
Only my son wants a load of his friend for the shabbat before in our house . I thought he wanted 3-4 guys, but apparently that has crept up to 15 !

I intend keeping that simple and investing my time in making the shabbat sheva brachot fancier.
We will be 24-30 peple (just lunch and seuda shlishit as someone else is doing friday night) . My freezer is filling daily.

Other stuff - some say you should buy candlestcks for teh kall. We dont have that. Hopefully one of her rich relatives(we dont have any) will get them for her. If not they will save up - like we did. We did buy her a very nice necklace (with a diamond to match the ring) for the engagement. I actually was tehre when they bought the ring, as my son's credit card would not cover it. Smile

That is what it is like marrying of a baby chayal.

Sorry to hijack the thread. feel free to ask more questions

shosh

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 3:07 am
Mazal tov! Lovely news. And may all the simcha bring your mother a refuah shleimah very soon!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 3:13 am
I think that getting the kalla candlesticks is a lovely idea, if you can afford it! You don't have to buy in a silver store. There are plenty of people who sell privately in their home (I know of one in Bnai Brak) and you can save a lot that way.

sarahd

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 5:16 am
Mazel tov!!

Bambamama

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 5:26 am
Mazel tov!

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 6:20 am
Tamiri wrote:
I think that getting the kalla candlesticks is a lovely idea, if you can afford it! You don't have to buy in a silver store. There are plenty of people who sell privately in their home (I know of one in Bnai Brak) and you can save a lot that way.

Let me know the place if you can; anyone having such info let me know. I want to take her with me to choose.

zufriedene

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 6:45 am
mazel -tov to both sets of mechatanim
Buying candle sticks is at least a 2000 yr old tradition and is beautifully appreciated by the young cpl.
Weiss, yismach moshe 19 bnei brak sell at home , very reasonable prices, at any rate u set the budget.

supermom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 8:06 am
Mazal TOV!!

One thing I hear a lot from kallahs is that they feel bad that they didn't get to pick out the jewerly and all themselves. My suggestion is take her with you she would really apprieciate it. This way everything is her taste and you will know for sure she would wear it and not try to sell it afterwards.

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 8:23 am
mazal tov.. where's the kalla from

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 12:08 pm
Mazal Tov Smile

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 12:15 pm
The kallah is from Baltimore originally!
I had her grandma's help in picking out the jewelry; it is antique jewelry that her grandma sells! We are all close friends.

Thank you everyone, I'm so excited and happy!
Now for the planning!

bashinda

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 1:58 pm
Mazel Tov! and refuah shleimah to your mother!

Ima'la

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:13 pm
Mazel tov! Lots of nachas!

Refuah shelaima to your mother!

chani30

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 4:00 am
mazel tov!!!!!!!!!!! asach naches!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gryp

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:47 pm
Mazel Tov, HindaRochel!

Refuah Shleima to your mother.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics