Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Name that body part
Previous  1  2

Tila

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 3:23 pm
Sorry, I wish I had more time to prowl on this site. Yeah, I am from a modern orthodox background and tznius is an issue, but as I said it, a body part is a body part.

SMG

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 4:52 pm
A few things... Quite some time ago when my now 4 yr old daughter was a lot smaller, she began using the terms "front tushie" and "back tushie". She came up with the front and back part on her own. She still uses them today and I've never bothered changing it for her because those are ideas she is comfortable with and so am I. We all know what she's talking about, it's not too graphic.

My 2 1/2 yr old son takes the lead from his sister and they both refer to breasts (when it comes us in context) as "the private part of mommy's body for nursing the baby".

If they every express an interest in needing to know more or become unsatisfied with their own terms, then I will give them more, but little kids do not need graphic terms and ideas that they cannot properly relay in the right setting and context.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children