Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Join the Israel forum

shalhevet

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 11:29 am
I presume everyone logged on now is in Israel and not all of you are in the Israel forum. So if you are someone who is not yet signed up, go into usergroups and request access. Please pm me at the same time saying where you live.

If you have less than around 20 posts you will not get access until you have posted a little more - this was a decision by the group.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 12:04 pm
bumping up

baba

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 12:23 pm
I also noticed this today.
Come join, it's so much fun!

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 12:58 pm
I just joined this forum last night and "officially" became a member this morning, but I'm wondering why shouldn't a non-Israeli be part of this discussion group and post on the Israeli threads. In fact, most forums might be quite interesting for all registered users to read and post even if you don't have their qualifications.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 1:15 pm
MeThinks wrote:
I just joined this forum last night and "officially" became a member this morning, but I'm wondering why shouldn't a non-Israeli be part of this discussion group and post on the Israeli threads. In fact, most forums might be quite interesting for all registered users to read and post even if you don't have their qualifications.

It's been discussed before. For the most part it keeps the thread on track, people who are living here have a more real perspective about living in Israel and frankly, it keeps things calmer.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 1:21 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
MeThinks wrote:

It's been discussed before. For the most part it keeps the thread on track, people who are living here have a more real perspective about living in Israel and frankly, it keeps things calmer.

If they at least can be read without being allowed to post. Certain topics might be quite interesting and helpful to others.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 1:28 pm
If it's so interesting, they can move here and live as we do. Outsiders cannot understand how life is here and no one here really wants any input or to be put on display. If people have questions about Israel, there is a forum for that. But, as to life IN Israel - well, ya gotta be here.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 1:29 pm
MeThinks wrote:
If they at least can be read without being allowed to post. Certain topics might be quite interesting and helpful to others.

Like what? Who has the best sale on diapers this week? Where to take our kids on Chol haMoed?

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 1:46 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
MeThinks wrote:

Like what? Who has the best sale on diapers this week? Where to take our kids on Chol haMoed?

Political news, economical, or anything else, even shmitta, etc.

But I don't mean only this forum. I'm talking about all the forums. e.g. Lubavitch. I'm not Lubavitch but I'm very pro Lubavitch and would love to hear their stories, or baalei tshuva or children of Holocaust, etc.

Tamiri wrote:
If it's so interesting, they can move here and live as we do. Outsiders cannot understand how life is here and no one here really wants any input or to be put on display. If people have questions about Israel, there is a forum for that. But, as to life IN Israel - well, ya gotta be here.

If you don't allow them even to read it, how should they know how good it is in this holy country? Rolling Eyes

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 1:50 pm
MeThinks wrote:
If you don't allow them even to read it, how should they know how good it is in this holy country? :roll:

Because of gems like this in the main section:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....59324

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 2:22 pm
Baalei teshuva or children of Holocaust can be sensitive... although personally I'm part of the second one and wouldn't mind people seeing as long as they only contribute when they know (= the average old-timer in America has NO IDEA and I saw on Imamother how inappropriate the advice can be).

But life in Israel... I don't see what's so sensitive about it. I hear garbage about my country and culture too. I don't ask for a closed French or European forum (although I would join! Wink). I answer the questions, fight the stereotypes, state the facts, defend the practices, etc. So I can rant about ignorance freely because I do my part LOL

freidasima

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 3:03 pm
Ruchel, you are unique. You have an open mind, lots of willingness to learn and hear about other things and lots of tolerance and intelligence.! But not everyone is like that and lots of people have lots of agendas. So sometimes closed forums are the best way to go.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 3:32 pm
awww that made my day. It may end up in my sig! LOL

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 5:36 pm
Most of us Israelis are very pleased with our own CLOSED forum. We can reach out to our less privileged brethren via other forums Wink .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions