Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Jewelry **)

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 5:06 pm
Hey ladies,

Just curious to know where ya'll purchase your jewelry from? Any specific store? website?

Queen

chen

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 5:21 pm
Buy jewelry? wazzat? LOL the very few items I've bought in the past umpty-ump years have been at the periodic fairs that our school sponsors to raise money.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 5:24 pm
chen you're so cute Rolling Laughter

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 6:04 pm
depends how much you want to spend. I'm not expert, though, sorry. Sad Smile
If you want inexpensive stuff, go to Macy's - esp. when they have a sale. It's not the best quality necessarily, though.

stem

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 6:38 pm
I love ice.com - it's actually owned by a Jew - Shmuel something. We had very good experiences buying jewelery for pretty good prices there.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 6:14 am
brachad wrote:
depends how much you want to spend. I'm not expert, though, sorry. Sad Smile
If you want inexpensive stuff, go to Macy's - esp. when they have a sale. It's not the best quality necessarily, though.

Bracha thanks for your response, but I wasn't asking about where I can purchase my jewelry I was asking the ladies where THEY buy their jewelry Smile....oh well.......

bgk

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 9:34 am
I just bought a few items on internet jewerly auction www.bidz.com.They had 50$ off from every purchase and I registered under 7 names and bought 5 things for 50 dollars all together (all real gold and diamonds, pearls),
They don't have this promotion enymore so Sad

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:20 pm
so you're just curious. not for constructive purposes, eh?? hmm...but we're not comparing, right?

timeout

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:26 pm
Well I'm hoping to win something tom. at my sons schools chinese auction!
Wink

timeout

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:27 pm
But really the last thing I got the first year of my marriage (ahem) was from William Barthman Jewelers on Kings Highway in Brooklyn.

hardwrknmom

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:31 pm
bgk wrote:
I just bought a few items on internet jewerly auction www.bidz.com.They had 50$ off from every purchase and I registered under 7 names and bought 5 things for 50 dollars all together (all real gold and diamonds, pearls),
They don't have this promotion enymore so Sad

I actually went to the site. It makes no sense. There were items compared at $30,000 (yeh right) ending in 5 minutes and the bid was at $775. Question

BGK how does it work? so you bought 5 pieces of jewelry to the total amount of 50 bucks?!! how much was each item retailed at?

Tefila

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:32 pm
I never in my life purchased Jewlery for myself for others though, never cared for anything like that myself Tongue Out I know I'm strange Tongue Out My husband purchases it 4 me or him rather . It helps to have relatives in the business Wink

timeout

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:34 pm
Sounds good can I become another relative?

Tefila

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 5:05 pm
Anytime Tova Wink hey maybe we have a shidduch in the making, that would simpilfy things even more... right? Very Happy

BlumaG

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 7:05 pm
my hubby gives me girfts, gold and precious stones for special occasions
silver and semi precious for just stam
I got a pair of silver and garnet earrings tonight bc hes going away for a wek tomorrow Sad

Tovah

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 7:08 pm
ice.com is great and they have payment plans, never bought anything their but know the owners very nice and giving ppl.
their a store in montreal that I went to that has beautiful stuff and has great prices. they also don't make u feel bad if your looking to spend less.

Yael

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 7:09 pm
try smartbargains.com

youngmom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 11:47 am
thanx stem and tovah for suggesting ice.com. I actually checked out the website and bought myself some jewelery. I'm very happy with it.
ice.com has beautiful pieces of jewelery and gr8 prices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics