Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Infant car seat

motheroftwo

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 9:47 pm
I'm due iy'h in 1 week and looking into buying an infant carseat. After doing alot of research I decided on getting the graco snugride seat.
Can anyone give me feedback info on this seat? Pros and cons etc. I want to make sure I'm buying something I'll be happy with.

shoy18

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 10:07 pm
I had one of those it was great. but you have to put a rolled towel under the base otherwise the baby sits funny, but all of them do that. Its also great because if you go somewhere without the car you can seat belt it in to any car.

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 10:25 pm
what kind of stroller are you getting? I liked that it snapped into my graco stroller, as well as my car seat carrier. I didn't have to put a towel under the base; it really depends on your car. I don't think there are any cons to it, all infant seats are pretty much the same.

Tovah

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 10:29 pm
I have an evenflo and hate it. the graco's seem so much comfier for the baby also get one that the staps don't go over the head because if your baby fell asleep and u need to put him in it always wakes them up.

baby's mom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 11:18 pm
I had the graco snugride infant seat and was very happy with it. I used it with a snap and go.
Beshaa tova!

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 11:27 pm
I have a graco snugride and love it. It's very easy to use, especially adjusting the straps. Very Happy

realeez

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 11:34 pm
I have a snugride and am very happy - some of them go up to 22 lbs and 29 inches and the extra room can really get you a lot further! look for those!

motheroftwo

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:59 am
thanx everyone! I'm very comfortable with my decision now. I also want to get the snap 'n go from kolcraft. I heard they are just wonderful.

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 12:34 pm
great choices motheroftwo!
just s/t to look for on the carseats. on some of the snugrides you can adjust the straps from the front of the carseat (where baby's feet are) and others you need to reach behind the carseat. try to get the first option- it's much easier! but I have the 2nd kind and it's not too much of a pain.

queen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 1:46 pm
I spoke to a woman who researches car seats (her life mission) and one of the brands she suggested we got the graco snugride.

so feel reassured!
Queen

happymom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 2:28 pm
the evenflow 5 harness carseat is from infant- 3 years old! Its reversible... can go either way. you can look at the reviews on epinions.. its suppose to be the best next to britax. Im not sure if its for new borns though but anyway check on epinion and see reviews for what people recommend..

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:49 pm
Pros:
- fits into graco stroller
- easy to take in and out of car
- can be used as a carrier

cons:
- only good until a certain height/weight. Keep in mind in approx 6 months you'll need to buy a new one!

Chanie

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:30 pm
brachad wrote:

cons:
- only good until a certain height/weight. Keep in mind in approx 6 months you'll need to buy a new one!

My son is almost 13 months old and still uses it, but then again he's tiny, too small still for he front facing seat.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 9:12 pm
my son was/is tall for his age, mabye that's why I thoguth 6 months. Smile Height restrictions is up to26 inches, which my son reached quite a while ago. They say also only to use it until 20 lbs -- so if your child is short, I guess he/she may be able to use it to approx a year.

BlumaG

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:27 pm
my baby hit 26" at 4 months ka"h so shes in the convertible carseat now which is a pain in the winter but the infant seat was too heavy oh well
the snugride is fantastic, graco also makes the snap n go

Rivk

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:46 pm
Ha! Those infant seats never last me long - My babies were extremely chubby and both outgrew it by four months. And OY! What they do to your back! But if you have an average sized baby the convenience is well worth it.

Rivka

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 7:29 pm
Actually they last until your child hits the maximum weight.
I think they are all mostly the same really, some are heavier than others and like others have said the adjustable straps at the front give it a plus.

raizy

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 3:34 pm
their good for a newborn till six months. old. but my kids outgrew them at 3 months.. they were already 20 lbs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics