Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Teaching kids to wipe after using the bathroom

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:27 am
Not to get too graphic here, but I have a question about teaching boys vs. girls how to wipe. I always wiped from between the legs, front to back. So naturally I was teaching that to my boys. My husband says this is not considered modest, so they should stretch their arms around the back. This seems to me to be a much harder and less effective method of wiping. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is wiping method different for girls than boys (other than the obvious)? How should kids be taught?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:40 am
Unfortunately, this is not something we can teach by example. embarrassed I do teach my kids to remain seated and wipe from around the back. It helps to have baby wipes handy at all times. I just teach them to keep wiping until the last baby wipes show sup clean. That usually happens at age 5.

smilethere

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 7:02 am
um - I think that hygienically - the recommended method, is wiping back to front! for males and females

LeahW

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 7:45 am
smilethere wrote:
um - I think that hygienically - the recommended method, is wiping back to front! for males and females

No way, for females that is very unsanitary. When a 5 year old wipes back to front, the poop also goes back to front. I think you meant front to back.

smilethere

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 7:53 am
LeahW wrote:
smilethere wrote:

No way, for females that is very unsanitary. When a 5 year old wipes back to front, the poop also goes back to front. I think you meant front to back.

I stand corrected - thanks for pointing out my typing error

msym

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:30 am
my husband also told me that for boys they are supposed to wipe from the back(and also with the left hand)

pecan

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:32 am
I don't know if there's a specific way. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as they are perfectly clean when they're done I don't care how they did it.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 12:14 pm
I feel really stupid. I reach from the back to go front to back. I am trying to figure out how everyone else is doing it that is easier. (Sorry for TMI, but really, I didn't know there is any other way.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training